Will 400cc Make a B-cup into a C or D Cup?

im 5'4 110 pnds, 29, getting 400-430cc - will this make me large c small d currently 34b? breast fed 3 kids and doctor said i had slight suto sagging and a small chest im 32 inches allt the way around the top of my chest.... i certainly dont want to end up with big sagging boobs... but i want my boobs big enough to be like yum those are nice boobs i got the hips to match right?

Will 400 cc make a B cup into a C or D cup?

+1
Hello! Thank you for your question. In general, implant size does not correlate with bra cup size. The cup size itself will vary from manufacturer to manufacturer as well as who is doing the actual measurements. Thus, cup size is never a reliable indicator for your breast size. I typically encourage my patients not to communicate her desires in cup size but more on the actual look and appearance.

Good communication between you and your surgeon of your expectations is warranted - choosing your surgeon wisely is the first step. Discussion of your wishes and having an honest and open dialog of your procedure is mandatory (e.g, implant type, incision, placement, lift, etc). I have found that photographs brought by the patient is helpful to get a visualization of the appearance you wish for in terms of size, shape, fullness, etc. In addition, your surgeon's pre and postoperative photographs should demonstrate a realistic goal for you. Once this has been accomplished, allow your surgeon to utilize his/her best medical judgment during the procedure to finesse the best possible result for you after preoperative biodimensional planning and fitting the right implant for your breast width.

Hope me that this helps! Best wishes for a wonderful result!

BBA

+1

There is no way to guarantee a particular bra size. Bra sizing varies greatly between bra manufacturers and a C in one bra will be a D in another. What matters more than the assigned bra size is the way the implant looks on you. The best option for your body and aesthetic goals can be determined in a thorough implant sizing session.

Implant sizing depends on several factors. One of the most important factors is your breast width. Generally, your surgeon will measure your breast width, and then provide you with a range of implant sizes appropriate for your native breast size. There are more nuances to it than just what I've described, but this approach works for most women.

I usually have my patients bring in a large bra and a tight t-shirt to do sizing. I'll then choose 3-4 implants that I feel are appropriate, and have my patients place them in the bra under the tight t-shirt. My patients can then look in the mirror and get a good sense of what they will look like with the provided implant sizes. My patients like this approach and get a great idea of how they will look.

By using this technique, your surgeon can outline a range of appropriate implant sizes that will be aesthetically pleasing, and you make the final decision.

I hope this helps. Good luck!

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)

+1

In general there is very is a poor corrrelation between cc's and cup size.  If you ultimately choose to go with a 400cc implant, your cup size will likely be at least two cups larger. If your surgeon has a 3D imaging system or a sizing system, I suggest you use that to help you get the size you want. 

Christian Prada, MD, FACS
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

Implant Selection Process

+1

In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.
Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD

+1

Will 400cc Make a B-cup into a C or D Cup? in the average patient this will commonly produce a D cup breast.

It depends on dimensions, not cc's

+1

Asking if 400cc is right for you or will give you a certain size is like asking if a size 12 dress is right for you or a size 4 shoe is right for your foot. 

If you are a mid B cup in a 32 inch chest and you want to look like between a C and D cup then you want a medium profile implant that is matched to the width of your breast and look up the volumes for a medium profile implant with a diameter about 3/4 cm less than the external diameter of your breast. 

It's not possible to tell from the picture, but generally a woman with a 32 inch chest will have a breast width of 12 cm or less. A medium profile implant for this width will be under 300 cc and will still give the same effect of a 1 1/2 cup increase relative to your frame/size. A 400 cc implant will not fit the width of your breast unless it's a high profile implant and may still be too big to fit just like a foot that is too big for a shoe. With a high profile implant,  your cup size would increase by 2 cup sizes up into the D cup range which, by definition, is out of proportion to the rest of you but could sill look good if the implant truly fits and you feel comfortable with the size. 

The misconception is in starting with cc's and working back rather than starting with measurements and working to the correct cc's. It's just not reasonable to think that any volume can be chosen and made to fit and look right. Computer imaging is getting better at showing what a give dimension implant will look like in a patient but it still comes down to fitting the implant to the patient rather than the other way around. 

Scott L. Replogle, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Cup Size after Breast Implants.

+1

Cup size is determined by your anatomy and ratio of your breast and chest measurements. So, a 500 cc implant would make a much larger change in cup size in a small person versus a larger person. So, it is impossible to say what cup size you will be without knowing your measurements. However, every 150 to 200 cc of implant will usually increase cup size by 1 in an average sized person. Good luck.

David Shafer, MD

400cc make a B-cup into a C or D cup

+1

Most likely but I would err on the side of bigger cc's to be sure. The #1 compliant after breast implants is " I wish I would have gone bigger!" So get at least a 430 cc.

From MIAMI DR. B

Trying on implants ahead of time allows you to help pick your implant size

+1

Given your height, weight, size, and goal, I think that you would be happy with an implant size in the 350 to 400 cc range.  We have our patients try on implant sizers during their consultation, and this allows the patient to help select the implant size. Many surgeons use sizers introperatively, and this can be helpful, but, obviously, at that point, the patient has no input. I find that the more the patient participates in choosing their implant size, the happier they are with the final result. The final determination is made during surgery, but it is rare for this to differ from preoperative planning.

Michael D. Yates, MD
Huntsville Plastic Surgeon

Count on a D

+1

The picture you provided doesn't provide much information.  However, with a B cup breast receiving 400cc implants you can count on a full D cup result.  Over time, as your native breast tissue compresses from the implants this may decrease to a smaller D cup.  Good luck!

Kenneth R. Francis, MD