I Am a 34B Wanting a Full C/Small D; is 450cc Too Much?

5'4 105 34b Wanting to Have a Full C Small D Max! Is 450ccs Too Much? My Doctor Wasn't Much Help :( Surgery on Monday. #silicone

Breast Size?

+1

If you doctor was not much help in determining your breast size after an augmentation you might seek a second opinion.The breast size after surgery is an integral part of the consultation.

Implant sizing

+1

I'm concerned that you said your doctor wasn't any help with educating you about your implant sizes.  Communicate is the key to implant selection.

I consider two factors when selecting implants for my patients:

1.Dimensional planning
2.Gel Implant Sizing system

Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. Even your fitness levels and other relevant criteria are taken into consideration. It is you who will decide what you are comfortable with.

Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for.

This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look.

Best of luck.

Dr. Basu

Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Best Breast Implant for Me?

+1

Thank you for the question. It is always concerning when the patient states that her plastic surgeon “wasn't much help”.

In order to achieve your goals it will be important to have full discussion of your goals in order to determine what size, type and profile of breast implants  will be “the way to go”.  

The first step is to do your due diligence and select your plastic surgeon carefully. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.
In my practice, with the goal of improving communication, I ask patients to bring in photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “ bustiness”  etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.