Is 535cc to 590cc UHP Mentor Right for Me? (photo)

My PS recommends 535cc to 590cc UHP with a full lift under muscle. I've lost 55 pounds breast fed 3 kids and have lost a lot of volume in upper breast . I now weigh 160, height 5'7, current bra size very full 36 D. PS says lot of skin there to work with. I want to be a full firm perky DD. Tried on 590 and 480. 480cc seem to small 590cc maybe slightly to big he did not have the 535cc to try but I'm thinking that's what I want. Is this to big for my frame ? All implants I tried were mentor UHP Thx

UHP implants and breast lift

+2

The UHP implants will definitely give you perkiness and a lot of roundness.  That does not lead to a natural look, but might be what you want.  I absolutely feel that you need a full-incision mastopexy, because a vertical alone will give you torpedo-shaped breasts with those UHP implants.

Hilton Head Island Plastic Surgeon

Is 535cc to 590cc UHP Mentor Right for Me?

+2

The combination of larger sized implants and a "full" lifting can have poor results in scarring and wound dehiscence. I might suggest two stated operations. First the full lift than at 3 to 6 month a large implant.//

+2

I think your implant size is right and I also agree with the need of a full lift. I would not use a UHP implant but you will get many different opinions from many different surgeons.

Kurtis Martin, MD
Cincinnati Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation and lift

+2

It looks like you need a lift with implants. To size you properly, you would need to be seen in person.

Best Breast Implant Size/ Profile for Me?

+2

Congratulations on your weight loss!

You will find that online consultants will not be able to provide you with precise enough advice to be truly helpful.

My best general advice for patients seeking to undergo breast augmentation surgery is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining which operation and/or breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or "full, perky DD cup" etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

I hope this, and the attached link, helps.

Avoid augmentation

+1

At size 36 each 200 cc’s of implant corresponds to 1 cup size change.  590 cc implants would take you up to a size G.  Also, implants that large will not fit under the muscle and will extrude inferiorly and laterally requiring revision.  There is a new technique called The Ultimate Breast Lift.  This technique reshapes your breast tissue creating upper pole fullness, elevates them higher on the chest wall and more medial to increase your cleavage.  Aligning the areola and breast tissue over the bony prominence of the chest wall maximizes anterior projection without the use of an implant.  Implants have complications such as descent, leakage, contracture and frequently need revision (22% in the first 2 years).  If you are already a 36 D, I would not recommend augmentation at all.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.           

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Need to consider a breast lift

+1

Several problems exist

1. You have significant breast ptosis
  2. In my opinion an ultra high profile implant will look like a rock in a sock at the  worst and the best it will be high with your breast sagging off of the implant
  3. Consider a breast lift and a smaller sized implant with a wide enough base diameter to match your existing breast base diameter