533cc and Lift...Will It Do Damage To Anchor Lift? (photo)

I am getting a breast lift and augmentation, 533cc. Will 533cc mod+ look okay on me? Im 5'10'', 140 lbs and without a bra, a 36B/C. I am also worried that it may mess up the lift incisions (anchor lift). Is it possible for that to happen? I attached a picture.

Mastopexy and augmentation

+2

can be done at the same time but you should anticipate needing a revision in the future.  The procedures conflict in that one procedure tightens the tissue and the other tries to stretch it out.  If  you were my patient, I would be suggesting a limited reduction on your larger side (same incisions used on both sides) to equalized your breast volume then use same sized implants to achieve the augmentation.  If you wanted to maximize your benefit from your lift, you  could consider bilateral reducitons removing the most drooping tissue to minimize the risks of drooping after your procedure but there are pros and cons to this you will need to speak to your doctor about..  Your incision will not be "messed up" from this procedure but you could have some retained areola.  Best wishes with achieving your desired result.

Implants and a lift

+2

I often perform lifts with augmentation. Some doctors stage them.  Often the augmentation incision can be made in a way so that it is incorporated in the lift incisions if it is staged.

533cc with lift?

+1

I think you need to prioritize.  If you want size, go with the 533, but I don't think you will need the lift. If you want an improved shape than go with the lift and a much smaller impant. Good luck.

Ronald Schuster, MD

Breast lift with a large implant. Be cautious.

+1

It is hard to know the answer to your question without any measurements of your breast dimensions or base width diameter.

I will say that in general, a 533cc implant is a large implant. If your breast tissue is of poor quality, then the weight of the implant is likely to cause you problems with tissue thinning over time. It also might cause problems with your incisions healing from the lift.  That depends again on the quality of your tissues.

To be sure, see two or more board-certified plastic surgeons in your area for a full and complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have surgery.  I hope this helps.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Breast lift and augmentation together

+1

I most often perform the breast lift and augmentation at the same time.  However, my patients usually select an implant more in the 300-400 ml range.  With an implant as large as 533 ml, I feel you will have an increased risk of wound separation, skin necrosis, and scar widening compared to doing the two procedures in a staged manner.

Robert Stroup, Jr., MD, FACS
Cleveland Plastic Surgeon

Breast Lift and Augmentation

+1

I have done the two procedures at the same time for years but in the last two years I started doing the lift first and the augment at a different time. Obviously I think that is better. The larger the implant you put behind tightened skin the more risk you take that skin death will occur. 533 is pretty big. I would separate the two procedures. I dislike putting the patients through two procedures, but in the long run the results are worth the inconvenience.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Large breast implants at the time of a breast lift

+1

The implant you have chosen is fairly large and will place pressure on the lift incisions. This may pose a risk that you will have to sort out with your surgeon. For safely the lift can be staged and performed after the breast implants have settled in. Best of luck

Large implant augmentation and anchor type breast lift, is it OK?

+1

Thank you for the photos. An augmentation/lift done at the same time can be a challenging operation. I stopped combining these operations years ago. I find that I have a better control of the long term outcome by staging these operations. I prefer to do a short scar lift first and about 6 months later procede with an augmentation. The implant size needs to be based on your breast and chest wall dimensions. A 500+cc implant is large and it will tend to stretch your skin and lead to earlier sagging, more operations, etc. Good luck with your surgery, it look like you are committed to procede with your plan.

George Marosan, MD
Bellevue Plastic Surgeon

Large implant with a lift

+1

A breastlift with a breast augmentation performed at the same time is also called an augmentation/mastopexy.  I like many plastic surgeons perform this as a combined procedure under one anesthetic but there are a number of plastic surgeons who only perform this procedure as a staged procedure. That is the procedures are performed separately.

In your case, if you want an implant in the 500 cc range I would tell you that problems in general tend to increase with increasing implant size and the problems tend to require more surgery. The lift and the operation are two separate procedures that can be performed together but they work against one another and placing a large implant may compromise the lift.  I would give you the option of a single procedure with a smaller implant or two separate procedures, if you want the larger implant.

Thank you for your question and good luck.

Ralph R. Garramone, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Lift with large implants

+1
Without knowing your breast dimensions and the quality of your tissues. From your picture, I can not tell if you are ptotic or droopy and even need a lift. Implants over 500 cc are considered "large implants" and may lead to thinning of the tissues over the implant over time. Also, the lift incisions may be difficult to close wiout tension if the implants are too large. Your board certified plastic surgeon would need to determine this.

Todd C. Case, MD
Tucson Plastic Surgeon