Is 53 too old for implants? Previous breast lift 20 years ago (Photo)

I expect that best result would be with lift/implant combo but do not want to have large incisions and risk potential healing issues at this age. I am a healthy 5'10 and 185# and intend to maintain weight as it suits me. I currently wear a 38 C but do not have tissue enough to fill it. I would like to be a solid D with upper breast fullness. The reality is I am not looking for a long term plan but something that would be more appealing for the next ten years or so.

Is 53yo too old for implants? Previous breast lift 20 yrs ago.

+1
Hello! Thank you for your question! Age alone is not a contraindication to a surgical procedure. There are a few medical comorbidities that contribute to a higher risk during any surgical procedure including infections, wound complications, delayed wound healing, bleeding, anesthetic risks, etc. Factors such as diabetes, hypertension, coronary artery disease, heart problems, lung problems, etc are more common in the elderly. However, if you are healthy, or these conditions are well-controlled, you would certainly still be a candidate for a surgical procedure. If your complaints or desires are great enough to consider the surgical option, I would seek a consultation with a plastic surgeon to discuss your complaints and go over the options as well as risks and benefits of the procedure.

You should obtain medical clearance from your primary care physician that you are at an acceptable risk for undergoing a surgical procedure. For elective or aesthetic procedures, your surgeon may want to get you to a reasonable health status prior to consideration for a procedure. Discuss all of your medical comorbidities and medication with your surgeon prior and discuss these risks. Also, discuss this with your anesthesiologist as proper monitoring and medications will be watched closely. This procedure should still be very safe for you and hope for an uncomplicated course with an excellent result! Hope that this helps! Best wishes!

Is 53 too old for implants? Previous breast lift 20 years ago

+1
Not at all.  Your age should not be a reason you do not have surgery.  As long as you are healthy with realistic expectations, which you seem to have from the details you posted, you appear to be a good candidate.  You may want to consider a touch up lift at the same time as your augmentation for the most optimal results, but you can discuss that when you are examined at your consultation.  Make sure you see a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss options and expectations.  ac

Angela Champion, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Breast Enhancement Surgery

+1
I think you could have a great outcome I think you will likely need a revision lift with your implant to get you a nicer shape

Ryan Neinstein, MD, FRCSC

BBA

+1
Your age alone is not going to prevent you from having surgery.  See a BC PS in your area to discuss your options.

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)

Age for Breast Augmentation

+1
53 is not to old to have a breast augmentation.  What is much more important than the number of your age is your overall health.  If you are healthy and do not have significant medical issues you are a candidate for a breast augmentation.

Jonathan C. Weinrach, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

53 too old for implants?

+1

Hello and thank you for your question.

The short answer is.....53 years old is NOT too old for implants! I recommend that you see a board certified plastic surgeon in consultation to get more specific answers to your questions which can best be addressed after a thorough history and examination is performed.

Best of luck to you!

David Cangello, MD

You appear to be a PERFECT breast lift/augmentation candidate!

+1

Thanks for your question. 

Lots of patients your age seek and undergo breast lifting/augmentation. In fact, by looking at your photos you look like a healthy woman with a healthy lifestyle (diet, exercise, etc). 

You are a very good candidate for this surgery and your older scars can be used to perform the lift. 

Make sure you do your homework when researching for a good PS and my advice is for you to take a look at their breast lift before and after gallery, to have an idea of his/her work.

Hope this answer lights your way.

Take care, 

Dr. Fernandez Goico

Luis A. Fernández Goico, MD

Breast aug at 53

+1
There is no age limit for breast implants as long as the patient is healthy. I have done augmentation in 70 year olds. If a lift is needed it could be done at the same time using your old incisions. Good luck. Donald R. Nunn MD Atlanta Plastic Surgeon

Donald Nunn, MD

53 y/o Breast Aug

+1
No you are not too old. You absolutely can have a breast augmentation, if that is your desire. The incision can be made in a previous scar. Consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

George C. Peck, Jr, MD
West Orange Plastic Surgeon