Im 53, finally getting a BA on 12/4. Worried my age might impact healing? Im a 34-36 A going with 375 cc. 5"5 and 156 lbs?

Your health status not your age determines recovery from breast augmentation

+4

Thank you for your question and congratulations on your decision. As long as you are healthy and in good condition you should recover uneventfully from your breast augmentation and be thrilled with her results. Congratulations

Ages impact on healing

+2

As long as your do not have any major medical problems your age should not be a factor. I have patients in their 60's coming to me for breast augmentation and tummy tuck and have not seen any problems. Just make sure that you see a surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.

Gary Hall,MD

Gary Hall, MD
Kansas City Plastic Surgeon

Worried my age might impact healing after breast augmentation?

+2

Your age will not affect your healing after breast augmentation surgery. Hopefully, you can put this concern to rest and spend more time communicating your goals with your plastic surgeon.

Communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon will be one of the keys to success. This communication will be critical in determining breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “C or D cup” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.

Age should not be your concern, overall health is the major factor

+2

You need to meet with a trusted responsible surgeon and as long as you are healthy, the age of 53 should not be a problem in getting breast implants. Many of us do this procedure quite often for women your age and there are many 53 year old women healthier than 43 year old women. So, review your health issues with your surgeon, get appropriate medical clearance (labs, ekg, etc) prior to surgery, and make an informed decision based on these factors not age alone. Good luck!

Evan Sorokin, MD
Cherry Hill Plastic Surgeon

Age and breast augmentation

+2

Age is not a big factor, your overall medical condition is more important. Good luck and enjoy the results!

Breast Augment

+2

Good for you, our studies in surgery tell us that its the health of the patient and not the age that determines if you have an increased risk of wound healing complications

Ryan Neinstein, MD, FRCSC

BBA

+1

As long as you're healthy without any medical conditions that will impair wound healing and don't smoke, you should be ok. It is up to your surgeon and anesthesiologist to ensure that you are a safe surgical candidate.

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)

Im 53, finally getting a BA on 12/4. Worried my age might impact healing?

+1

Congratulations on your decision to move forward with surgery. As some of the other surgeons have stated, you should not be at undue risk due to your age as long as your health status is otherwise unremarkable.

I would recommend that you are up to date on your screening mammography before proceeding with surgery.

Good luck.

Paul H. Rhee, MD, FACS
Denver Plastic Surgeon