Lost a Lot of Weight - is It Safe to Have a Tummy Tuck Now?

i was pushing 240 a few months ago with diet and exercise i have droped 65lbs i feel so much better and happier but i have had 3 csections and have alot of hangy skim fat i want a tummy tuck for a flat stomach again am i at a good safe weight to have it done now?

Timing of Tummy tuck after weight loss

+1

Hi there-

The ideal timing will depend on your lifestyle and weight goals, as well as the quantity and quality of your skin.

Your best bet is to visit a surgeon certified by The American Board of Plastic Surgery for a consultation. After a careful exam, they will be able to give you a good idea of recommended timing and realistic expectations for outcome.

Web reference: http://www.DrArmandoSoto.com

Safe to have a tummy tuck

+1

If you are ready than go see 3 boarded PS to get an opinion.In the consultation they will ask if you are done losing weight, your medical condition, and examine your abdomen, Good Luck

Regards from MIAMI Dr. B

IDEAL Time to have a Tummy Tuck after a large weight Loss

+1

The BEST results of Tummy Tuck surgery are obtained in patients who are otherwise healthy,  not obese (BMI less than 27), stable weight x 6 months and who are not planning other pregnancies. If you fit this description and see an experienced Plastic surgeon, you should have a VERY satisfactory Tummy Tuck result.

Good Luck.

Dr. P. Aldea

Weight loss and Tummy Tuck

+1

The real question to ask yourself is "Am I done losing weight?" If you think you are done, and have been at this weight for a few months without changing, then it is probably a good time.  However, if you realistically think that you want to and are going to lose more weight, then I would get to that point first. 

It makes the surgery easier when someone is stable at their weight. The results are more predictable.  If you have the surgery, but then lose another 20 pounds, it may alter the abdomen and create some loose skin again.  I hope this helps.

Barrington Plastic Surgeon