Degenerative Disc Disease- Candidate for TT?

My weight hasnt changed since 2000.(give or take 20 lbs.)I did the gym thing prior to my dignosis of deg. disc disease.I tense my stomach and the muscles are tight till bellt button area then the muffin top.But my belly is big54" around waist 58 at belly button.very self conscious about belly and fear health issues(heart attck-in family) Am i a good canidate and would ins. possibly cover?

Tummy tuck appropriate

You disc disease would not likely be a problem with a tummy tuck.  Sometimes a tummy tuck helps with back pain because the abdominal muscles are tightened and they provide for support for the spine.

With your 50+ inch waistline, however, you likely have intraabdominal obesity and this will not be helped much with a tummy tuck.  The fat that is intraabdominal (belly) fat will not be removed and it will be difficult to tighten the abdomen very much.   Also, obese patients have a much higher rate of complications following tummy tuck. 

If you are obese, I recommend you consult with a physician who can help you get down to a healthier weight before considering surgery. 

Lisa Lynn Sowder, M.D.