5'3" 155lbs and Currrently at a 38C..thinking 400cc Under the Muscle is Good Size?

Determining implant size

+1

Clear communication with your plastic surgeon is important in achieving the desired goals of the patient.  I like to communicate with patients with “goal” pictures.  During surgery, I use temporary sizers to determine the size/profile that will give the patient the look she is looking for. Trying to predict the size of the implant preoperatively is not ideal.  I think it is too much responsibility for the patient to choose the size of the implant.  Ideally, the surgeon would make that determination once he/she is in the operating room with sizers in and examining the patient in the upright and supine position.  There are many variables that come into play when choosing the correct implant size (how much breast tissue the patient currently has, the shape of the chest wall (concave vs. convex), etc.. 

On this site, I do my best to give advice without a physical examination but I want you to know that a physical examination by a board certified physician is always the best way to get the most accurate information.

Best implant volume

+1
I try to understand the final appearance that my patients want preoperatively. We focus on shape rather than on the number of cc's. Too large an implant may make you appear chubby while not enough volume may make you feel under corrected. Relying on other patient's augmentations whose results mirror what feel is attractive can help. Good communication is key. Good luck

Craig Harrison, MD, PA
Tyler Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augment, Under The Muscle

+1

The 400cc implant size is at least a starting point for getting your desired size. The implant volume is only part of the equation. It has to be combined with the size and shape of your natural breast tissue, and the over all shape of your chest. 400 cc can look different on every patient. Best to rely on input from your surgeon who will have a lot of experience in making these decisions.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD