5'3" 111 Lbs and Confused About Implants? (photo)

Thank you for your help! I am confused about implants...I know I want silicone, but am uncertain about profile and ccs. I want a more "natural" look, meaning people won't look at me and think "boob job." I was a full B/small C while nursing my 3 kids, and feel that size fits my active lifestyle. Ideally an implant could provide some "lift," as I would like to avoid another procedure. Why do some drs size under breast width and some over? Currently I am a 32A. BW=11 cm. Chest = 29 in. Thanks again!

Breast lift and augmentation

+2

It looks like you have more extra skin and a larger left breast and mild ptosis with larger areola based on your pictures. In my hands a circumvertical  (lollipop lift) with a  sub muscular moderate plus profile silicone implant in the 300 to 350 size is what I would do.Good luck!

Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Natural look by aligning implant, breast and areola

+1

At size 32 A, each 100 cc of implant will correspond to 1 cup size change.  If you want to be a C cup then you need a small implant (approximately 200 cc).  I recommend silicone gel implants placed retro-pectoral.  More important than the implant is a breast lift.  The biggest problem in not that your breasts are low but they are too far apart.  You will need a technique called Breast Augmentation with Mini Ultimate Breast lift.  This gives natural results by lifting your breast tissue higher, increasing your cleavage and repositions your areola higher and more medial.  It is important to align your areola, breast tissue and implant high on the chest wall to maximize anterior projection and natural appearance.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Implants re not a substitute for a lift

+1
Your photos suggest that you need a breast lift and that implants alone will not fill the lost upper pole volume and elevate the nipples adequately. See a board certified plastic surgeon and first clarify the surgical approach and the specifics of the operation before debating the exact size and the profile. Sometimes, implants alone will create a more" unnatural" appearing breast if you do not address the ptosis by breast lift.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Confused about what type of surgery for breasts

+1

I understand your concerns. You seem to have very appropriate goals. Your photos are good and would anticipate that you will get a great result. I would suggest that you also consider a small, peri-areolar lift (mastopexy). This will allow you to have just a small to moderate size implant and center the nipple over the implant. i am concerned that if you don't, you will need an implant that is larger than you really want in order to "fill out" the stretched breast skin completely. A good exam is and consultation is the next step.

Ronald Schuster, MD

Breast implants

+1

I don't buy that notion that implants give any lift to the breast. If you are concerned about the sagging, you should have a vertical lift along with the implant.  It will give you a much nicer shape.  I would probably use implants in the low to I'd 300 cc range.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Breast augmentation and lifting

+1

Based solely on your photos, you may need a lift and implant.  Sometimes a circumareola procedure is enough and sometimes one needs more like a lollipop incision.  An exam is key.

Natural augmentation

+1

Implants are merely tools to help change the size and shape of the breasts. There are limitation to what they can do. Which implant to use is a function of the size and shape of your natural breasts and the size and shape of your desired breasts. While you want "natural" breasts, the fact is: you have natural breasts, you just don't like them. Any implant will automatically make them un'"natural". Most patient mean they don't want obviously unnatural-looking breasts but that is a matter of interpretation.

Carefully and meticulously decide on what your goal is and describe it as best you can to your surgeon. It is his job to get as close as he can, choice the implants that serve your goals and discuss risks and options to you. In general, the most "natural" breast are those with the lowest profile. The higher the profile, the more unnatural and "done" they will look.

Robin T.W. Yuan, M.D.

Robin T.W. Yuan, MD

Breast augmentation versus breast lift

+1

Thank you for the photos.  You will have to decide on what implant you would like to use for your breast augmentation and if you would like to undergo a breast lift at the same time.  You will most likely benefit from either a style MP+/15 or a HP/20 silicone implant (mentor/allergan) as you are fairly narrow.  Your implant size for the cup size you are currently and the cup size you desire will be in the 300-350 ml.  Try on implants in this range and category in your plastic surgeons office to see what size you feel look best on you.  For the best shape you will also benefit from a breast lift most likely a purse-string mastopexy.

Dr Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

#BreastImplant Concerns

+1

From your photos, it appears the implant is not the major issue, it's that you may be undergoing the wrong operation. Your nipples and areolae are low even with your arms raised. I would be very concerned about your result if you do not consider a lift, unless you just want larger breasts with the nipples positioned low on the breast itself. Not an aesthetic ideal. No woman wants to have a breast lift, but if your breasts are already low this will not improve with time. This is very common after pregnancy and breast feeding and can be easily corrected. Make your prospective surgeon show you results of women with breast like yours that they corrected without a lift before you decide to go in that direction. 

You should see a board certified plastic surgeon in your area to get a formal opinion through and in-person consultation.

Vincent Marin, MD

Vincent P. Marin, MD

Hello

+1

Choosing the right Plastic Surgeon is extremely important to get the results you are looking for. Thank you for your pictures, it’s hard to give you adequate advice without an exam. From your pictures it looks like you would get natural and proportion results if you went in the range of 400-450 cc that would give you a nice full C cup. I believe that a lift may not be necessary; we would recommend Silicone because you do not have enough breast tissue to get saline. Wish you luck in your decision.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS