I'm 5'3, 115lbs. Would Like A to D Cup. What Size Should I Get?

115 lbs at most. I'm getting a breast augmentation in two weeks and was wanting a D, right now I'm a 32 A. I was told by my surgeon I have a bit of sagging and to do the procedure without a lift I should go with 400cc's. I don't have any volume up top due to the sagging from pregnancy. I know I need to go with a bigger size implant to get what I want but I'm stuck between 450 cc's 475 cc's or 500 cc's. do you think with my size and the way my breast are that one of these sizes would give me a D?

No cup size predictions in breast aug

+2

You need to communicate the desired "look" not dictate a cup size if you want a happy result.  An experienced surgeon can translate the look you want into the right implant for you.

Optimal fill is key

+2

Thanks for your question. Given your height and weight, I think 400CC and above would be very large. It is critical that your surgeon measure your chest so that you know your base width of the breast. The implant must fit on this or it will spill out into your arm pit and create a very unpleasing and unnatural result. Usually 350CC in a Mod Plus profile is plenty of volume. As implant sizes increase so does their weight, and so does the risk of asymmetry and implant malposition. There is an optimal fill for everyone's breast. You and your surgeon should be able to find what is right for you. Best of Luck!

M. Scott Haydon, MD

Choosing implants

+2

Hello. The most important factors for determining the size of implants that could be used on a patient include width of the base of the breast, the size of your thorax and the amount of breast tissue and skin you have. Once a surgeon has this information he could better educate you on what type of implants would work best for you. It is important to communicate with your surgeon what you’re hoping to look like. In office sizers can be helpful.

Jaime Perez, MD
Breast Augmentation Specialist
Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa

Jaime Perez, MD

What Size Breast Implants Should I Get?

+2

In my practice, I have my patients try on sizers prior to surgery to establish what size implant is best for the particular patient.  This is a more effective way of proceeding in my opinion, as cup sizes vary dramatically between different bra manufacturers.  Best wishes!

Brian Howard, MD
Alpharetta Plastic Surgeon

5'3" 115 lbs and A to D cup

+2

In smaller women, 175 cc may increase you one cup size.  Thus, extrapolating 3 cup sizes would be 525 cc.  However, these are estimates, and sizers in the office will allow you to get a better appreciation of what volume is needed.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Implant and cup size

+1

There are several variables in determining implant size.  When recommending implant size for my patients, I consider the followings: 1) patients' anatomy (height, weight, chest width, chest height, amount of breast tissue) and 2) patients' desired look/goal.  Without knowing your chest measurement and breast tissue amount, I cannot give you any recommendation.  You should visit with board-certified plastic surgeon who will examine you.  Try implant sizers to get a rough estimate of the size you may want.  As you know, bra/cup size will vary depending on the brand.  Good luck with you.
Dr. Sugene Kim

Sugene Kim, MD

+1

Yikes.  In general, it's about 150-200 cc per bra cup size but it's less than that if you're shorter and/or narrow chested, more if you're taller and/or broader chested AND it's less than that for a AA to an A but more for a C to a D.  So there's no simple mathematical formula you can use.  You also have to take into account what your skin is like; the larger the implant the heavier it is and so it may sag more than you'd like.  When you put all of this together you can see why you need to make this decision WITH your PS and make sure that all of the factors, which include implant size but are not only that, are taken into consideration.

I hope that this helps and good luck,

Dr. E

Alan M. Engler, MD, FACS

Best Breast Implant Size/ Profile for Me?

+1

As you can imagine, despite your good description of body type and goals, it is not possible to give you precise  advice online.
 The best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining  breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural”  or “D cup” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

I hope this (and the attached link) help.

Breast augmentation and sizing

+1

Without an exam, it is difficult to say what would be appropriate for you. The determination is based upon your goals and a physical exam.