I'm 5'4, 115lb, cup size 32 A. Is 525cc breast implant too big for me?

I don't want to higher my risk, but I would like my desired look. I tried on sizers and it definitely did not look too big but from what I read 525 sounds like a lot.

525cc is NOT "too big" if that is how much larger you wish to go!

+2

Without actually examining you or even seeing photographs, it is impossible to agree or disagree with my colleagues who are suggesting that this is "too big" or "VERY large" for your height and weight.

There are anatomic limits, particularly if you are young, have tight muscular tissues without breast skin droop (never had children or breast-fed), and have narrow chest/breast dimensions.

The opposite (or some of these) may be true, however, and 525cc may well be just what the patient ordered!

Trying on implants in a bra and stretchy top will give you and your surgeon an idea of what your goals are (please also understand that s/he may need to add 50-100cc to the volume of your "chosen" sizer implants in order to accommodate to the effect of submuscular position on the final appearance). But if you choose 525cc "sizers," your body may not anatomically allow implants around 600cc size. Or maybe it will.

What you need to understand is that 525cc implants will add somewhat more than two bra cup sizes to whatever breast volume you started with. Goal photographs are another way to help you communicate your wishes to your surgeon. If your anatomy allows that size, proper placement and careful surgery will give you the result you seek. Do not be swayed by surgeons or "advice" that automatically rejects large(r) implants. Just this past week I have used 800cc implants in two patients, and 700cc in another. (The patient who received 700cc implants now wishes I had used 750cc instead.)

But those sizes only work if the anatomy allows! Going larger than anatomic limits does increase risks, but you should not be deterred from your goals if your anatomy allows and your chosen surgeon agrees with the use of larger implants, and has the technical skills and experience to use them. Click on the web reference below for photos of several of my patients who received larger implants. Compare with others who received smaller implants. Realize that final volume is not JUST your implants--it's implants plus whatever you start with!

• Case 12 -- 800cc bilateral
  • Case 14 -- 500 cc bilateral
  • Case 23 -- 450cc (L), 500cc (R)
  • Case 24 -- 660cc bilateral; 5'4" 120 lbs (similar to you)
  • Case 31 -- 550cc (L), 600cc (R)

Best wishes! Dr. Tholen

Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Reconsider implant volume

+1
At size 32 A each 100 cc’s of implant corresponds to 1 cup size change. 500 cc implants will take you up 5 cup sizes, would not fit retro-pectoral, will extrude inferiorly and laterally requiring revision. The best implants are small round textured silicone gel placed retro-pectoral since they look and feel more natural, are more stable, less likely to ripple or have complications needing revision. I suggest you reconsider implant volume. Best Wishes, Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Is 525 cc too big?

+1

As you have surmised by now, there are many approaches to the question of size. While I have found sizers to be fairly accurate in terms of predicting the look you will have in clothing with a certain sized implant, you should also consider the shape you will have without clothing. If you are starting out with an A cup, 525 cc will certainly give you a very rounded look no matter the shape of the implant. If your skin has been stretched out from pregnancies or weight gain and loss, that can help lessen the upper roundedness, but with your small frame, it won't look "natural".

Finally, rely on the expertise and experience of your plastic surgeon, who will have the advantage of seeing you in person and assessing your tissues.

Good luck.

Paul W. Loewenstein, MD
Milwaukee Plastic Surgeon

Is 525cc breast implant too big for me?

+1

In regards to breast implant size/profile that will best help achieve your goals, I think it will be in your best interest to spend more time with your plastic surgeon. Careful measurements, dimensional planning, and careful communication will be key.

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining which operation and/or breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or "C or D cup" etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful. Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate.

The use of computer imaging may also be helpful during this communication process.

Regardless of what you might hear, there is no reliable correlation between volume of breast implant used and increase in breast size achieved.

3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals. Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

I hope this, and the attached link, helps.

Are 525cc Breast Implants Too Big?

+1

While the number of 525cc is a big number and on a small frame will look big, the most important question is what you think about its size. If you have tried on sizers and feel that it it not too big, then it is not too big for the look that you want. The other thing that you have to look at is the base width of the implant and see how that compares to your natural breast base width. With a high profile breast implant you want to make sure that it does not exceed your natural breast base with so the implants are not too far to the side. If so, you shoudl then consider dropping down to 450 or 500ccs.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

BBA

+1

Pictures and breast width measurements would be helpful. Having said that, 525cc sounds VERY large for your weight and height. What kind of a look do you want? If you don't mind a fake, round, in your face look then it might be just what you want. I wouldn't offer this to my patients.

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)

525cc in a 34A cup

+1

Dear SB,

You have not told us what your desired breast size is. A 525cc implant is quite large for someone your size. If DD is your goal, that is probably the correct size implant for you. Good luck!

Kenneth R. Francis, MD

525 cc for a person starting with an "A" cup

+1

If you are starting out with an "A" cup and have a fairly tight skin envelope, a 525 cc implant maybe too big for you. An exam in person is key.

Is 525cc too big for my body?

+1

Hi, judging from your physical stats it seems that 525 cc's might be too big. However, it depends on your frame, your shoulder width and the width of your back. The best way to pick your ideal size is to try on the tester with a very tight top and to look at yourself from a profile point of view. Remember always to choose a board certified plastic surgeon. Good luck.

Ricardo Vega, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Implant size

+1

From your description of yourself it does sound too big. Trying on sizers I do not think works very will at predicting an accurate result. You really need to look at the base width of your beast and compare that with the base width of the implant.

Gary Hall,MD

Gary Hall, MD
Kansas City Plastic Surgeon