5'2", 19 Y/o, 125 Lbs, Currently 32B Wanting to Be DD/DDD?

I am 19 years old, 5'2", about 125 lbs and currently i am a 32B. I am wanting to go to DD or maybe even DDD. I know i will be getting saline implants because the laws against silicone at my age. I have a few consultations set up within the next few weeks. 1, is going to DD or DDD possible for me? 2, approximately how many cc's will that take. 3, if you say, "no, not possible" and my surgeon says it is, what complications do you believe may arise? Thank you!

Currently 32B - wanting to be DD/DDD?

+1
Hello! Thank you for your question. In general, implant size does not correlate with bra cup size. The cup size itself will vary from manufacturer to manufacturer as well as who is doing the actual measurements. Thus, cup size is never a reliable indicator for your breast size. I typically encourage my patients not to communicate her desires in cup size but more on the actual look and appearance.

Good communication between you and your surgeon of your expectations is warranted - choosing your surgeon wisely is the first step. Discussion of your wishes and having an honest and open dialog of your procedure is mandatory (e.g, implant type, incision, placement, lift, etc). I have found that photographs brought by the patient is helpful to get a visualization of the appearance you wish for in terms of size, shape, fullness, etc. In addition, your surgeon's pre and postoperative photographs should demonstrate a realistic goal for you. Once this has been accomplished, allow your surgeon to utilize his/her best medical judgment during the procedure to finesse the best possible result for you after preoperative biodimensional planning and fitting the right implant for your breast width.

Hope me that this helps! Best wishes for a wonderful result!

Implant Selection Process

+1

In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.
Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD

Sizing

+1

The proper sizing is determined by your breast width. Oversizing will lead to stretching and thinning of the breast.

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

32 B to 32 DD/DDD

+1

I would say that a D would be reasonable.  Above that, the implant will be too large for your chest wall, and you will have marked tissue thinning over time.  In addition, your breasts will droop faster.  Also, such large breasts put you at greater risk for back, neck, and shoulder pain.

Breast Augmentation with Mini Ultimate Breast Lift for asymmetry and widely spaced breasts

+1

At size 32 each 100 cc of implant will correspond to 1 cup size change.  To achieve a 32 DD will require 300 cc implants or 400 cc implants to achieve a DDD.  I always recommend implants placed retro-pectoral for best long term stability.  However, you have another problem that is apparent in your photograph.  Your breasts are asymmetrical and too far apart.  You would benefit from a new technique called Breast Augmentation with Mini Ultimate Breast Lift.  Using only a circumareola incision it is possible to reshape your breast, elevate them higher on the chest wall, move them medial to increase your cleavage and at the same time an implant can be placed.  This will correct the asymmetry of your areolas and your widely spaced breasts.  You are an excellent candidate for this new technique.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Implant size selection to acheive your goals

+1

I consider two factors when selecting implants for my patients:
1.Dimensional planning
2.Gel Implant Sizing system
Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. However, there are some limitations of what size we can recommend. For instance, some implants may just be too big for a narrow chest wall. Your surgeon can review this with you during the consultation.
Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for. This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look.  If you have decided on saline implants, then based on the gel sizer you select, we can guide you to the saline implant that achieves a similar look.
Hope this helps.
Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Large implants in a smaller frame

+1

I HIGHLY advise against these very large implants in a fairly small frame.  The main problem, long term, is stretching of the tissues which will then sag and cause all kinds of problems.  Plus with such large implants you will look RIDICULOUS.

Talmage Raine MD FACS

dr@drraine.com

Talmage J. Raine, MD

Implant selection

+1

First, it is impossible to tell you what would be the right size for you without an exam.  I would like to point out the breast asymmetry to start.

You are a Saline Breast Augmentation Candidate but be careful going too big!

+1

You would have to have measurements done first before you choose a size. Probably a 400-500cc size saline implant would allow you to achieve your goal as long as your body measurements can handle it. Remember though that bigger implants equals bigger potential problems. Certainly a larger implant would be more palpable and has a higher possiblity of causing you to develop rippling (especially with saline). As you are young, a larger implant may require you to have a lift down the road, so be sure to go with a doctor that will place your implants under the muscle. I would reccomend sticking with a small D size breast, but that would ultimately be determined through conversation and a consultation with your plastic surgeon. Good Luck!

David Rankin, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon