Im 5'2" and 135 Lbs. Are 550 Cc Silicone Gel Too Large for Me?

I just got my implants 2 days ago and cannot tell yet how they will look. I was a small b but I know cup size really dosen't mean much. Do you think this is too large for my body type?

Too big implants

+1

Without photographs, it is going to be impossible to tell.  The general rule is if you are a size 34 or 36 each 200 cc corresponds to 1 cup size change.  You would go up about 3 bra sizes if you are that circumference.  If you are a small B then you went to probably a full DD, which may be too large for you body.

Best of Luck,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Implant size

+1

It is a bit too late to ask about the size of your implants now.  I am sure they will take some getting used to.  Give it 3-4 months.

Are Implants Too Large

+1

We like to decide what is too large, too small, and just right before and during the surgery. It sounds like maybe the communication between you and your surgeon was less than complete. As to whether they are too large for you, that can only be determined by you. Everyone has a different idea of what is the right size for them. But now you ned to wait at least 3 months before making any other decisions as they will go through changes in that time frame.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

What size implant is too large for a petite women?

+1

Thank you for your question.  There are two ways to answer your question:

A. Will 550 cc look good on your body? --There is no way for me to answer this question because no photos before and after are attached with your question. I don't know how they look.

B. Will you have medical problems with 550 cc implants because they are too large? --Here are some things to consider about having large implants long term.

1. As you get older, your breast skin will age, stretch and become thinner even without an implant.  The larger any breast, augmented or not, the worse it will look over time due to skin stretching.

2. Adding any implant to your breast adds weight and will produce stretch and irreversible thinning of your breast tissues over time.

3. The larger the implant, the greater the amount of breast tissue stretch that will occur.

4. Adding excess weight to the breast almost guarantees that it will look worse over time, with increased stretch and sagging.  It is impossible to predict whether or when this will occur in any individual patient.

5. Adding weight to your breast with a large implant may cause you to need further surgery in the future, particularly mastopexy (breast lift) with additional visible scars and risks.  You will incur additional costs, time off work, risks, and trade-offs if additional surgery is necessary.

6. Excessive breast tissue stretch from a large implant can make you more likely to have surgical complications with healing problems if the tissues become very thin.

7. As breast tissues thin, You will definitely be able to feel your implant and portions of the implant may be visible through your skin and visible rippling or wrinkling may occur.

8. If excessive stretch or complications occur (and this is unpredictable), it may even become necessary to remove the implants, with compromise in the appearance of your breasts and probable visible scarring if breast lifting (mastopexy) is necessary when the implants are removed.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

550cc implants in a 5'2" 135 pounds woman MAY be excessive

+1

In my opinion, placing 550cc implants, which are close to the very large breast implant spectrum , in a rather petite woman may create a top heavy, big busted look. 

Breast Implants Too Large?

+1

Thank you for the question

Unfortunately, there will be no way of an online consultant knowing whether the breast implants you have received are "too large for you". 

There are many variables (besides breast implant size) involved when choosing breast implants including breast implant profile and patient body type/proportionality/preferences etc.

At this point, 2 days after surgery, all you can really do is concentrate on a safe recovery. Wait  at least 3 to 6 months to evaluate the results of surgery.