I Am 5'2 and 103 Lbs, Will 400cc High Profile Saline Implants Achieve the Look I Want? (photo)

My measurements right now are 33-24-35, and I am 5'2, 103 lbs. The first picture is me, and the other pictures are looks I would love to achieve after surgery! I am leaning towards saline implants, guessing a high 300 to 400 cc implant will look best? I would really appreciate the advice!

High Prolfile Implants Don't Always Increase Projection

+2

Since you have a 32 chest, each 100 cc of implant will be 1 cup size change.  A 400 cc implant will take you up 4 cup sizes.  Unfortunately, you did not give us your cup size and the photograph does not tell me your exact size.  The photographs of the size you desire are quite large, DD's or possibly greater.  The problem you may have is that you may not be able to accommodate a 400 cc implant behind the muscle.  Also, if you are thin you may be better off with silicone gel implants which feel and look more natural.  Without photographs, it is impossible to tell but you may benefit from a lift.  A small implant placed high on the chest wall gives the illusion of a larger breast which is more desirable and more stable long term.  From the photographs shown, one of the women already have descent of her breasts and this will continue because of the large weight of the implant.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Texas Plastic Surgeon

I Am 5'2 and 103 Lbs, Will 400cc High Profile Saline Implants Achieve the Look I Want?

+1
It is very difficult to say without a physical exam.  There are many more dimensions that would be measured during an exam and there is also implant sizing available by many surgeons to help guide your decision.  It is best to follow up with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.  Best wishes.

For more information, please go to my website at:
WirthPlasticSurgery.com

Garrett A. Wirth, MD, FACS

Implant Selection Process

+1

In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.
Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD

+1

Impossible for us to know without an examination. Every implant fits every patient different. Only your board certified plastic surgeon can help you pick the right implant. I have no idea of the quality of your skin, the amount of breast tissue you have and whether you have breast droop or not. Be very careful that your surgeon does not pick an implant too wide for your frame, or over time you will get the so called "armpit boob." I do feel that you should be able to achieve your goals with careful planning and a good operation. I do not have any problem with saline but make sure you go over the pros and cons of saline and silicone with your surgeon. Be careful not to try and become another persons picture or you may be let down. It always worries me when patients come to a consult with a specific picture because every persons body and frame are differnet!! Just convey what you want to look like very clearly, and do your research before your surgery. You have gotten a good start by using real self.com.

Richard J. Brown, MD

Getting sized for breast implants is much more involved than just sending photos and asking the question.

+1

Getting sized for breast implants is much more involved than it seems at first thought. It requires a full consultation with detailed questions to see exactly what your goals are, short and long term. It also requires precise measurements of your current breast dimensions, the dimensions of your chest wall, as well as preoperative photography, standard or 3D imaging.

To see what the best options are for you, see two or more board-certified plastic surgeons in your area for a full and complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have surgery.  I hope this helps.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Right implant for the look I want?

+1

Lauren,

thank you for the question.  Although the photos are appreciated, these particular photos do not help that much to answer your question.  You clearly want a full, round breast which may certainly be possible and look great, however without actually seeing what you look like now ( photo of breasts), the possible results cannot be discussed.  There is certainly no substitute for discussing your particular case with a board certified plastic surgeon.   I utilize the Mentor sizing system in my office in addition to my discussion with the patient and physical examination and have found this to be a very successful formula for determining the implant size for each individual patient.  I believe you can achieve a look that you will be very satisfied with as long as you and your surgeon are clear and honest with each other about the expectations and possible results.  good luck.

Dr. Simon

Sean A. Simon, MD

The Biggest Determinant In How You Look After Breast Augmentation Is How You Look Before

+1

One of the things I tell my patients most often is that the biggest factor in the way your breasts will look after breast implants is how they look before your breast implants.  You can, in fact, put the same sized implants in two different women and they will look completely different.  The "full" round look that you want can be achieved by the size range you are considering but it depends alot on your height, weight, and the amount of breast tissue that you are starting out with.  Generally, there is a range of sizes that "fit" a particular woman and as long as you stay within this range, you will be fine.  Your surgeon will discuss this with you and come up with a plan for the size that will look the best for you.

Richard H. Lee, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

To achieve a certain 'look' see a plastic surgeon who can examine you and make a recommendation

+1

When asking for a certain look we can give you general recommendations but ultimately you need to speak to an experienced plastic surgeon.  The surgeon will measure your chest/breast dimensions, assess your skin thickness and elasticity and breast asymmetry.  Then, after a discussion with you and after reviewing your pictures he/she will be better able to make a recommendation on what you need.

The pictures of 'desired look' that you have posted show three different things.  First picture shows very round implants (likely above the muscle) that are too wide for her chest and thus they stick out on the sides.  Second picture is difficult to assess as she may be wearing a pushup style bra that distorts the shape.  The third pictures shows a woman with the most natural look of the three as her implants sit a little lower on her chest and have a more natural droopy shape.  The take off is smoother and her implants may be under her muscles.  The implants also look smaller and have a lower profile than the first picture.  Thus you're showing a very different 'looks' and you should discuss with your surgeon what you like about each of those pictures.

The best thing is to see a board certified plastic surgeon and try different implant sizes.  Discuss your goals with your surgeon and make sure you understand the reasoning why he/she will recommend a certain size and shape of breast implants.

In general, for a natural look, you want an implant that is about as wide as your existing breast.  Going too big will give you un-natural bubbles, while going too small will just look like small lumps on your chest.

Once you chose the right 'base diameter', you can adjust the volume by adjusting the projection.  An ultra-high profile implant will have most volume for a given implant width, but that will give you very fake looking protruding breasts.

Once again, the best thing is to go in and try out different implants.  Some surgeons offer 3D software that predicts what you would look like after the surgery but always remember it's just  a computer guessing at what you might look like, its not a 100% reliable prediction of your outcomes.  In our practice we have used these programs and stopped using them because the feedback we got from patients.

Sincerely,

Martin Jugenburg, MD, FRCSC

Toronto Cosmetic Surgery Institute

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Best Breast Implants For Me?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.

Although I cannot give you precise advice without direct examination and a full communication of your goals, I can provide some general advice that may be helpful to you:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This if communication will be critical in determining which operation and/or breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural”  etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

Will 400cc High Profile Saline Implants Achieve the Look I Want?

+1

The photos that you have attached look so different to me, that I am not able to discern what you have in mind as a goal. 

A consultation with a plastic surgeon is far more likely to help you sort out your options as far as size of implant, and choice of saline vs. silicone gel. 

Thanks, and best wishes.