I Am 5'2 and Am a 36C is 225cc a Good Size? I Have a Small to Medium Frame.

Going to get a tummy tuck as well, My weight is currently 135, I want them to look natural but want good size, I am also getting a lift as well as implants whats a good size thats not too big. Thanks.

Breast Implant with Lift

+2

The answer is maybe, depending on what your desires are for your final result.  You do have breast tissue at a C size so you would not need as much volume as someone with minimal breast tissue.  That being said I have put larger implant in someone like you and have gotten good results and a very pleased patient.  The larger implant placed however, adds weight and will result in more stretching and sagging over time, so thgere is a balance.  I try to get a good idea about what a patient is looking for through discussion , photos , etc.  and go from there.

Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

Implant Selection Process

+1

In most cases, 225cc will result in a 1-2 cup size increase.  In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.

Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD

Breast implant sizing

+1

Much of the final “look” achieved after breast augmentation surgery  depends on several factors:
1. The initial shape, size (volume of breast tissue), symmetry of the patient's breasts. In general, the better the  preoperative breast appearance the more likely the breast augmentation “look” will be optimal.
2. The experience/skill level of the surgeon is important in determining the final outcome. For example, the accurate and gentle dissection of the breast implant pockets are critical in producing  long-term  well-placed breast implants. I personally think that these 2 factors are more important than any others, including type (saline or silicone)  or model (low/moderate/high profile)  of implant.
3. The type of implant used may  determine the final outcome, especially if the patient does not have significant covering breast or adipose tissue. For example, some surgeons feel that silicone implants have a more natural look and feel than saline implants because silicone gel has a texture that is similar to breast tissue. Each patient differs in the amount of breast tissue that they have.  If a patient has enough breast tissue to cover the implant, the final result will be similar when comparing saline implants versus silicone gel implants.  If a patient has very low body fat and/or very little breast tissue, the silicone gel implants may provide a more "natural" result.
On the other hand, saline implants have some advantages over silicone implants. Silicone implant ruptures are harder to detect. When saline implants rupture, they deflate and the results are seen almost immediately. When silicone implants rupture, the breast often looks and feels the same because the silicone gel may leak into surrounding areas of the breast without a visible difference.  Patients may need an MRI to diagnose a silicone gel rupture.   Saline implants are also less expensive than the silicone gel implants.
Other differences involve how the breast implants are filled. Saline implants are filled after they’re implanted, so saline implants require a smaller incision than prefilled silicone breast implants.
On May 10, 2000, the FDA granted approval of saline-filled breast implants manufactured by Mentor Corporation and McGhan Medical. To date, all other manufacturers’ saline-filled breast implants are considered investigational.
As of 2006, the FDA has approved the use of silicone gel implants manufactured by the Mentor Corporation and Allergan (formerly McGhan) for breast augmentation surgery for patients over the age of 22.
4. The size and model of breast implant used may  make a  significant difference in the final outcome. Therefore, it is very important to communicate your size goals with your surgeon.  In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “C cup” or "fake looking" means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.
I use  intraoperative sizers and place the patient in the upright position to evaluate breast size. Use of these sizers also allow me to select the breast implant profile (low, moderate, moderate plus, high-profile) that would most likely achieve the patient's goals. The patient's goal pictures are hanging on the wall, and allow for direct comparison.
I have found that this system is very helpful in improving the chances of achieving the patient's goals as consistently as possible.
By the way, the most common regret after this operation, is “I wish I was bigger”.

Picking the right size implant

+1

Bra sizes are confusing. More often than not, a woman is not wearing a correctly fitted bra, doesn't know her bra size, or doesn't know how a bra is fitted.

Cup size is dependent on the "number" part of the bra size... a D cup in a 34 bra is a different size from a 42 bra.

That being said, bra manufacturers are not held to any uniform standards when it comes to cup size and shape... that is why one brand of bra might fit you very well for a given size, but not another brand. Or, you wear a 34D in a Victoria's Secret bra, and a 34C in another brand, for example.

When discussing breast size after augmentation, outward projection can be further determined by the "profile" of the implant. High school geometry: Height (projection) times Width (base width). A Higher Profile implant will give you a larger cup size for less volume than a Moderate Profile implant.

Furthermore, a saline implant looks bigger than a silicone implant of the same volume. That is because a saline implant is more oval (round on both top and base), while a silicone implant is flat on the base.

Some plastic surgery books have proposed the following parameters for breast augmentation:

• 32 bra: 100-200 ml per cup size
  • 34 bra: 150-250 ml per cup size
  • 36 bra: 200-300 ml per cup size
  • 38 bra: 250-350 ml per cup size 

William A. Wallace, MD, FACS
Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

Picking Implant Size

+1

It is difficult to just say yes to that question. Remember that  the breast width really helps define what implant range makes sense.  Also the stretch of the breast will effect the volume it will except. So, 225 in a narrow breast that does not have stretch marks and is tight may be ok. While a wider breast with breast ptosis 225 may not be right. So, talk with your BC Plastic Surgeon  with the physical exam and go over your dimensions and correlating implants for that exam.

Paul Albear, MD

Choosing the ideal size breast implant

+1

This size may be a little small, but its very hard to determine the ideal size without a detailed discussion to determine your goals and a thorough exam to evaluate preoperative breast size, tissue characteristics (like skin lossness) and body characteristics. Your surgeon will likely be happy to meet with you again to clarify if there's any question. Good luck.

Steven Goldman, MD
Cleveland Plastic Surgeon

Breast implant size and breast augmentation

+1

Focusing on the size of the implant with the volume does not lead to a proper decision on the type of implant you need.  This decision should be based on the measurements of your breast dimensions to include you breast width, height, the amount of breast tissue you have, your goals etc. 

Advising you the size of implant would be very difficult with out a proper exam and a discussion of your goals and desires.

I would encourage you to focus more picking the right implant of what ever size it ends up being based on proper measurements by your plastic surgeon.  It  should properly fit your breast anatomy and give you the projection and volume it is intended to have. 

good luck

Shashidhar Kusuma, MD
Plantation Plastic Surgeon

May need more if you have simultaneous lift

+1

The breast size reflects both the size of the implants and the amount of breast tissue you have already.  You mentioned that you are a C cup.  If you want an increase of one cup size, then 225 cc is about right.  But that's not the most important question.  The most important concern is the type of lift and if you need one.  Assuming you do, the lift should be vertical with removal of tissue from the lower pole, which makes your breast a little smaller, so you may need slightly larger implants to compensate for this tissue removal.  "Skin-lift" procedures leave a bulge in the lower pole; they do not correct the sagging.

There is a large variety of techniques used and some are quite unsatisfactory (inverted T and periareolar) in terms of shape and degree of scarring.  So I would spend some time investigating this topic, looking at before and after photos of your surgeon's work.

Eric Swanson, MD
Kansas City Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift and augmentation/considering tummy tuck

+1

The fact that you are considering contouring of the abdomen and already have a C cup breast you do not need to choose a very large implant. A 300cc with a moderate profile should provide you a balanced figure. Your plastic surgeon can assist you to choose the proper implant. Submitting a photo of your breast and abdomen would be helpful to suggest the range of implant that would fit your figure.

Fereydoon S. Mahjouri, MD
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

What is good size for breast implants?

+1

You are 5'2'' and are already a 36C.  It may be that 225cc is a good size for you.  Although it is not a large implant, and in fact well below the average size we generally use (around 300-350cc), in your case you may have a fair amount of breast tissue already and are just looking for a small increase in volume and primarily more fullness in the upper breast than a simple breast lift alone would provide.  Also, since skin is tightened and removed at the time of a breast lift, there may be a limit to how large an implant will fit in the breast at the same time without placing too much tension on the closure of the incisions.  The best way to tell is to try breast implant sizers in a stretch bra and see if the 225cc volume added to your breast gives you the total volume that you like.  The implant may look a little smaller when it is in you than when you are trying it over your tissues in a bra, so if you like 225cc in appearance, you might go up to maybe 250cc if the surgeon feels that it would fit.

Robert M. Grenley, MD