5'2 185 - Am I a Good Vaser Candidate?

i want to do vaser but i dont want to loose everything i like being thick but not too thick would ii be a good candiate i wanted to do my inner thighs stomach arms and back mplease give your best and honest opinion thank you and am also considering going to flordia to get this done

High body mass index but perhaps a reasonable candidate for Vaser

+4

Thanks for your question.

Your case is a little tricky because the general guidelines for Vaser specify that it is not suitable for obese patients, and a body mass index above 30 (which is your case) is the usual indicator for this.

That said, BMI is not a perfect measure of obesity (for example, body builders typically have a very high BMI without having much more than 8 to 10% body fat).  On seeing your photos, I would say that there is a reasonably high chance that you could have a good outcome because:

• It looks like you have good skin that would reasonably retract after Vaser
  • You're expectations seem reasonable (you don't want to reduce too much)

In my clinic, I usually do a few measurements to get a more quantitative sense of the fat layer thickness, the elasticity of the skin, and whether there are any underlying muscle or bone structures that would give rise to asymmetries after Vaser.  If all these check out then it is possible to do a procedure for a patient such as yourself.

London Dermatologist

Vaser and weiight issues

+1

Your best bet is to go on a good exercise and diet regimen and then consider liposuction when you reach your goal weight if you still have problem areas.

Good candidate for VASER

+1

VASER like any other type of technology assisted liposuction is best performed on patients with Body Mass Index below 30 and with realistic expectations of outcome. You are having multiple areas done which involve a large volume. You can expect significant skin excess and laxity with traditional VASER lipo for at least 6 months. With the Hidef technique that we perform in my practice, skin contraction is accelerated but it still would not be instantaneous. You may eventually need an abdominoplasty along with thigh lift and Brachioplasty if the skin excess does not adequately retract. You need to have a detailed conversation with your surgeon regarding realistic expectations of outcome.

Edwin Ishoo, MD
Brookline Facial Plastic Surgeon

Vaser Liposuction

+1

You should consider a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon in your area who has a Vaser, and the option of a TT if you are a candidate.  You want the best procedure for you, and not every technology is good for everybody.  If there is too much loose skin, then you need surgery .

Vivek Bansal, MD
Danville Plastic Surgeon