5',2 130 Pounds 36DDD, Herniated and Bulging Disc Through out Neck and Spine. What to Do? (photo)

I am 40 and stand 5'2, my ortho, neuro surgeon, primary, and gynecologist have made reference to having my breast reduced. I have recently lost almost 40 pounds so I am down to a 36DDD from a 40DDD! I have very Fibrocystic breast, they swell and get hard depending on the time of the month, the glands under my arms are always painful and swollen, I have had MRI's and mammograms and they keep telling me that my breast glands are what is causing my pain, I need help!

Coordinate Surgery with your Spine Surgeon

+1

There is no question that large breasts put additional stress upon the back, neck and shoulders.  A breast reduction by itself will not cure a bulging disc, but it probably will help to alleviate your symptoms.  You need to see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who can coordinate your care with your spine surgeon.  I am sure they can develop a program that will help you.

Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

Breast Reduction Candidate?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.

Based on your description and pictures you may be an excellent candidate for breast reduction surgery; this operation tends to be one of the most patient pleasing operations we perform.  I would suggest in-person consultation with well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons.

Breast reduction is the help you need

+1

Neck pain and cervical disc problems can be reduced by breast reduction. You have all the classic indications for reduction and a consultation with a plastic surgeon in your area is the next step.

Breast reduction surgery is just what you need

+1

You have all the classic findings  of pain from supporting those heavy breast for years with a  bra and a slumped posture.  Reductions make people happy, very happy and will change your posture and your bra siz significantly.  It won't cure your bulging disc but it will make the pain less noticeable.  Get your  insurance company to authorize this life changing surgery right away!

Phillip C. Haeck, MD

5',2 130 Pounds 36DDD, Herniated and Bulging Disc Through out Neck and Spine. What to Do?

+1

YES! obtain in person consults with boarded PSs in your city for a breast reduction/lift. This could help alleviate the pain you are describing. Good Luck. 

Breast reduction for breast pain

+1

Thank you for the question and the photos. Breast reduction is a very rewarding procedure. When its done for neck and back pain it will improve your symptoms and reduce or eliminate the pain. 

As for breast pain; it would difficult to say if the surgery will reduce that pain since some breast tissue will remain.

My advice for you is to contact a board certified plastic surgeon and get consultation. 

Moneer Jaibaji, MD