I Am 5'2 125 Lbs 32a Breast Aug with Silicone 390 Ml What Cup Size Will It Give Me?

Cup size after augmentation

+2

Cup size is not predictable based solely on implant size and your starting size, because each bra manufacturer has their own sizing metric.  This is much like your dresses or shoes. Do you always wear the same size, or can you fit into different sizes.  Do not get set on a cup size, but pick implants that give you the look you desire and what ever the bra size says, so be it.  In general 390 ml implants would add almost two cup sizes in volume.  However, this may not change your bra by two cup sizes.

Tucson Plastic Surgeon

Cup Size after Breast Augmentation?

+2

Although your curiosity is understandable, there is no way to know ( with any degree of accuracy) what bra cup size you will wear after your procedure.  As you know, bra cup sizes will vary from one bra manufacturer to another.

Best wishes;  hopefully you will be very pleased with the outcome of the procedure performed regardless of the specific cup size achieved.

Implant Selection Process

+1

In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.
Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD

Predicting Cup Size

+1

It is impossible to predict cup size becasue breast cup sizes are not standardized.  Cup sizes vary by designer.  So a C cup in one designer could be a B or even a D cup in another designer. 

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

+1

In an average size women, 200 cc will increase the bra size by one cup.   Therefore, 390 cc would increase a woman by 2 cup sizes.  This is extremely inaccurate, and trying on sizers in the office will offer the best opportunity to make that decision.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of breast augmentations and breast lifts each year.  Look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to help determine the plastic surgeon who can get you to your goals.

Cup sizing is unpredictable

+1

Since cup sizing varies so much from one manufacturer to another, it is near impossible to predict what cup size you'll have after surgery.  Try to focus on the "look" instead of a cup size, meaning when you look in a mirror without a top on do you like the size that you are? Does it fit your frame? If the answers to those questions is yes, then whatever cup size that produces is the right one for you.  Good luck.

Mennen T. Gallas, MD
Katy Plastic Surgeon

What is the final size of 32/A breasts after augmentation with 390 cc silicone implants

+1

This is not quite predictable, because the final size depends on many variables.  Most importantly, manufacturers have different standards, for example a DD cup bra at Victoria's Secret, would be a full C cup at Macy's.  So the cup size is somewhat arbitrary.  viewing similar breasts that have had the same size and style implant placed might help in giving you an idea of what to expect.

Ruben B. Abrams, MD, FACS

Cup Size Will It Give Me?

+1

Two things to note

• There are no universal definitions of cup size. Some of my patients have bras of 3 different cup sizes at home that all fil
  • The same implant may result in differing appearance and size in two patients with the same starting bra size.

Some surgeons estimate that you will get about a cup size increase for every 150-250 cc of implant. The cups on a 32 band are smaller, for example than the cups on a 36 band, so I would expect at least a 2 cup size increase. 

Better to ignore the cup size and try on implants to see what looks OK to you. Your surgeon can use that info to help choose the best implant. All the best. 

CORRELATION BETWEEN IMPLANT SIZE AND CUP SIZE

+1

Without photos and measurements it is not possible to answer your question.  I would suggest you discuss your concerns with your plastic surgeon prior to surgery.  It may be helpful to try on implants.

Todd B. Koch, MD
Buffalo Plastic Surgeon