I am 5'2", 118 lbs, female, 26, very athletic, petite and am looking to get implants. Any recommendations?

I have already scheduled a date with a surgeon I have met with. In our initial consultation, he recommended for me to go up to a full B size. However, my mother was with me in the appointment, and she visioned a small C size for me. I have been doing a lot of research on high profile, silicone treatments. I currently do not have much cleavage, although, my breasts are not saggy at all. I played college tennis and am still very athletic and train with heavier weights than most woman would do.

It is not only the size that matters !

+1

Nothing can substitute a nice perky healthy uncomplicated natural looking breast. In order to achieve this result many factors are responsible in determining the appropriate implant's size shape access and plane of positioning. Everything depends on your body type, thoracic and breast dimensions, skin elasticity, personal activity, lifestyle and of course desire. After consulting your doctor and discussing all the possible advantages and trade off's in each case and for each choice then you will be able to fully consent for the procedure to be performed. Good luck!

UAE Plastic Surgeon

Choosing an Implant Size?

+1

The choice of an implant size depends on many factors including: your anatomy, desired appearance, realistic expectations, chest width, existing breast tissue dimensions, and extent of laxity of the skin and underlying tissues. The best cosmetic results are not just dependent on the number of CCs, but also on proper width, height, and projection of the implant for your particular anatomy, since every patient is different.

Following the advice of anyone on this or any other website who would presume to tell you what to do without taking a full medical history, examining you, feeling and assessing your tissue tone, discussing your desired outcome and fully informing you about the pros and cons of each option would not be in your best interest. You should discuss your concerns with your plastic surgeon who should be certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS). Ask to try on sizers.

Robert Singer, MD FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

+1

In regards to breast implant size/profile that will best help achieve your goals, I think it will be in your best interest to spend more time with your plastic surgeon. Careful measurements, dimensional planning, and careful communication will be key.

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining which operation and/or breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or "small C" etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful. Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate.

The use of computer imaging may also be helpful during this communication process.

3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals. Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

I hope this, and the attached link, helps.