Im 5'11 About 145, Athletic. Im Looking at 450-485cc Silicon Implants, Textured or Smooth?

Im 5'11 about 145, and maintain a fit lifestyle. im looking at 450-485cc silicon implants, i dont want implants that are too big, but im conflicted because i dont want to want them bigger once i get them done. Also, is textured better than smooth for my lifestyle?

Minimize implant size by simultaneous lift

+1

Unfortunately, you have not provided any photographs or stated your bra size.  If you are size 32 or 34 each 100 cc of implant will correspond to 1 cup size change.  If you are size 36 or 38 each 200 cc of implant will correspond to 1 cup size change.  Once you determine what size bra you want then you can calculate the implant size to achieve that goal.  I recommend silicone gel placed retro-pectoral since they look and feel more natural.  The profile of the implant is irrelevant because it is underneath the muscle and the muscle determines the profile.  Smooth is better than textured because textured will adhere.  It is possible that you may need a lift but without photographs I cannot tell for sure.  There is a new technique called Breast Augmentation with Mini Ultimate Breast Lift.  Using a circumareola approach it is possible to elevate your breast higher on the chest wall, reshape your breast tissue to increase upper pole fullness and displace the breast more medial to increase cleavage.  Aligning the areola, breast tisuse and implant high on the chest wall over the bony prominence will give you maximum projection with a minimal size implant.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Sizing

+1

The volume you are considering does not seem to be large for your height and weight. Proper sizing can only be performed with an examination

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

+1

My personal preference for atheletic patients  is to place a smooth implant under the fascia. Large size implants may interfere with your athletic lifestyle

Hilton Becker, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

5'11" 145 lbs 450 cc implants

+1

At 5'11", a larger implant such as 450 cc may be appropriate based upon chest wall width.  If you are a thinner individual it usually makes more sense to go under the muscle so that the implant has more camouflage.   A smooth implant is fine for under the muscle augmentation. 

Best Breast Implant Size/Profile/Texture for Me?

+1

Generally speaking, I think your choice of plastic surgeon will be more important than the choice of smooth versus textured breast implants. In my practice, I generally use smooth round breast implants, preferably placed in the sub muscular ( dual plane) position if at all possible.

When it comes to selection of the “best” breast implant size/profile to meet patient's goals, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. Also, discuss the activities that you enjoy doing ( fit lifestyle). This communication will be critical in determining  breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. For example, I have found that the use of words such as “natural”  or “C cup” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

Silicon Implants, Textured or Smooth?

+1

I am not sure how you chose your implant size. I like having patients try on implants. I measure the breast width, and recommend that the implants have a width similar to the breasts, and not wider. Sometimes that limits the size. My caution against using implants that are too big. We try hard to do careful sizing. Patients who are not quite as large as they might have wanted are by-in-large happy with the outcome. Women who are larger than expected are usually very unhappy. 

Most surgeons, myself included, use primarily smooth implants. The advantage of textured is not present when the implants are under the muscle, and the disadvantage of ripples from tissue sticking to the surface is there.

Than you for your question,.  All the best.

Breast Implant Choices

+1

In my practice the patient chooses the implant size within a range of my recommendation after examination.  We have the patient try on the implants with several of her own tops.  A careful fitting allows you to choose the right size not just to reach a certain bra cup size, but rather a size that fits your height, shoulders and hip width.  I have found that patients changing implants size or regretting their choice is almost eliminated in my practice.

Regarding implant type, in a subpectoral position a smooth walled implant is a better choice, lower rate of capsular contracture and a better feel.

Hope this helps

Brian Reedy, M.D.

Brian Reedy, MD
Reading Plastic Surgeon

Implant sizing

+1

Of course the best way to evaluate you is in person.  As for the volume why don't you do a baggy test at home with the volume you are interested in. Personally, I prefer smooth implants over textured.