5'11, 140 Lbs and Getting 500CC Implants: Will This Give Me a Full D?

I am 5'11 and 140 pounds. I am scheduled for surgery on May 5th to get Smooth Round High Profile Saline Implants placed under the muscle. I am looking to be a full D maybe DD. Will 500cc get me the results I am looking for?

Implant size

+1

It is generally not a good idea to focus so much on cup size when planning your breast augmentation procedure because cup size is not standardized.  In other words, a c cup to one person could be a d cup to another.  Cup size depends on your preferred designer. 

I consider two factors when selecting implants for my patients:
1.Dimensional planning
2.Gel Implant Sizing system
Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. However, there are some limitations of what size we can recommend. For instance, some implants may just be too big for a narrow chest wall. Your surgeon can review this with you during the consultation.
Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for. This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look.  If you have decided on saline implants, then based on the gel sizer you select, we can guide you to the saline implant that achieves a similar look.
Hope this helps.
Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

Will this give me a full d

+1

the difficulty is that bra sizes are not standard.  women wear bras for comfort not because they are measured.  you need to dicuss with your surgeon your desires and make the decision together as to the implant size. go on line on the many web sites which show preop and post op pictures and print out what you like.  if you have friends who have used a certain surgeon comare their work to what you want to be.. the more information you can give your surgeon, the better he will be able to help you.good luck

Jonathan Saunders, MD
Newark Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation

+1

The cc number to become a D or DD is different for everyone . You haven't even included your starting breast size so there would be no way to even guess if that would be appropriate. Plus your rib diameter will affect how the implants look as well. Go see a plastic surgeon in person to be evaluated and if you have and are still not sure go see another one.

David E. Kim, MD

How to pick breast implants.

+1

How to pick breast implant sizes
Article by George J. Beraka, MD

1)  This is the most common type of question on RealSelf.

2)  It is the surgeon's job to pick the right breast implants, not the patient's. Implant selection is really pretty technical.

3)  Make sure your surgeon REALLY understands the look you want. Mentioning a cup size is not enough. Show your surgeon pictures of breasts you like.

4)  Then your surgeon has to tell you if your chosen look is realistic for your anatomy.  The most common mistake is to go too big.

5)  I recommend that  the surgeon NOT make a final implant choice in advance, because this is just an educated guess.

6)  The surgeon should have a large inventory of different size and shape implants available in the operating room.

7)  Then the surgeon can put sterile disposable implant SIZERS in your breasts during surgery, to see what a particular implant really looks like inside you. This is how to make the best choice. A sizer costs only $45, and takes all the guess work out.

8)  Finally, the sizer is discarded, and the correct breast implants (based on what you want and on your anatomy) are opened from the operating room inventory, and put in your breasts to complete the operation.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Cup sizes aren't predictable from breast augmentation

+1

Hopefully you have had this discussion with your surgeon because only they know what your starting point looks like.  But the cup size isn't important and they aren't standardized either.  The thing you want to convey is the "look" you want from the implant.  An experienced surgeon will be able to tell you if that is likely going to happen with the chosen implant.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Cup size

+1

Many factors determine your approximate cup size after BA-the size of your breast pocket for one-also everyon'e's proportions are different and it makes the most sense to see a board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in depth and make recommendations -that way you are well informed and can make a decision to mov ahead or not.

Edward J. Bednar, MD
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

500cc implants a full D?

+1

It's really impossible to say without knowing your starting breast size.  Other factors such as the width of your ribcage and how loose your breast skin is will make a difference in your final outcome.  It would be best to have an in person consultation with a qualified plastic surgeon.  They should be able to answer your question after examining you.

Sanjiv Kayastha, MD
Albany Plastic Surgeon