Im 5"10 and 150 Pounds I'm Really Slim on Top What Size Implants Should I Get?!

Hello, I'm getting breast implants in July. My current breast size is a 32A. I'm really slim on top, I would like to know what would be a good implant size for me to get. I would like to be a full C/ small D.

Breast implant size

+3

Much of the final “look” achieved after breast augmentation surgery  depends on several factors:
1. The initial shape, size (volume of breast tissue), symmetry of the patient's breasts. In general, the better the  preoperative breast appearance the more likely the breast augmentation “look” will be optimal.
2. The experience/skill level of the surgeon is important in determining the final outcome. For example, the accurate and gentle dissection of the breast implant pockets are critical in producing  long-term  well-placed breast implants. I personally think that these 2 factors are more important than any others, including type (saline or silicone)  or model (low/moderate/high profile)  of implant.
3. The type of implant used may  determine the final outcome, especially if the patient does not have significant covering breast or adipose tissue. For example, some surgeons feel that silicone implants have a more natural look and feel than saline implants because silicone gel has a texture that is similar to breast tissue. Each patient differs in the amount of breast tissue that they have.  If a patient has enough breast tissue to cover the implant, the final result will be similar when comparing saline implants versus silicone gel implants.  If a patient has very low body fat and/or very little breast tissue, the silicone gel implants may provide a more "natural" result.
On the other hand, saline implants have some advantages over silicone implants. Silicone implant ruptures are harder to detect. When saline implants rupture, they deflate and the results are seen almost immediately. When silicone implants rupture, the breast often looks and feels the same because the silicone gel may leak into surrounding areas of the breast without a visible difference.  Patients may need an MRI to diagnose a silicone gel rupture.   Saline implants are also less expensive than the silicone gel implants.
Other differences involve how the breast implants are filled. Saline implants are filled after they’re implanted, so saline implants require a smaller incision than prefilled silicone breast implants.
On May 10, 2000, the FDA granted approval of saline-filled breast implants manufactured by Mentor Corporation and McGhan Medical. To date, all other manufacturers’ saline-filled breast implants are considered investigational.
As of 2006, the FDA has approved the use of silicone gel implants manufactured by the Mentor Corporation and Allergan (formerly McGhan) for breast augmentation surgery for patients over the age of 22.
4. The size and model of breast implant used may  make a  significant difference in the final outcome. Therefore, it is very important to communicate your size goals with your surgeon.  In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “C cup” or "fake looking" means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.
I use  intraoperative sizers and place the patient in the upright position to evaluate breast size. Use of these sizers also allow me to select the breast implant profile (low, moderate, moderate plus, high-profile) that would most likely achieve the patient's goals. The patient's goal pictures are hanging on the wall, and allow for direct comparison.
I have found that this system is very helpful in improving the chances of achieving the patient's goals as consistently as possible.
By the way, the most common regret after this operation, is “I wish I was bigger”.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/procedure_breastaugmentation.htm

How to pick breast implants.

+3

1)  This is the most common type of question on RealSelf.

2)  It is the surgeon's job to pick the right breast implants, not the patient's. Implant selection is really pretty technical.

3)  Make sure your surgeon REALLY understands the look you want. Mentioning a cup size is not enough. Show your surgeon pictures of breasts you like.

4)  Then your surgeon has to tell you if your chosen look is realistic for your anatomy.  The most common mistake is to go too big.

5)  I recommend that  the surgeon NOT make a final implant choice in advance, because this is just an educated guess.

6)  The surgeon should have a large inventory of different size and shape implants available in the operating room.

7)  Then the surgeon can put sterile disposable implant SIZERS in your breasts during surgery, to see what a particular implant really looks like inside you. This is how to make the best choice. A sizer costs only $45, and takes all the guess work out.

8)  Finally, the sizer is discarded, and the correct breast implants (based on what you want and on your anatomy) are opened from the operating room inventory, and put in your breasts to complete the operation.

Choosing implant sizes

+2

When choosing breast implant sizes, your only limiting factor really is your chest width.  A wider chest can accommodate wider implants which mean bigger implants.  Although it is surgically possible to place a very large implant on a small/narrow chest, it would look exceptionally bad.  Talk to your board certified plastic surgeon.  He will recommend the correct size for you based on your chest width as well as based on the underlying chest wall bony structure and skin. 

Silicone implants are softer to touch and have less rippling, so in someone as skinny as you who does not have a lot of fat to hide the implants, a silicone implant is a better choice.

Sincerely,

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Choosing the ideal breast implant size

+2

There are a number of factors that go into determining the ideal implant for a persons frame.  Firstly, you have to appreciate your anatomy and existing breast tissue, the chest (and breast) width, the position of your nipple and how big you would like to be after the implants are in place.  None of this can be decided on a photograph alone and you should consult with a plastic surgeon who can discuss with you all of this including allowing you to "size" or "try on" implants during your consultation to determine how this might look in clothes.

The fact that you are tall will allow you to have a slightly larger implant, but this must be assessed in the context of your measurements. Communication with your surgeon is the key to success and photographs can be helpful in clarifying your surgical goals with your doctor.

Best of luck

Vincent Marin, MD, FACS

+1
The single photo gives very a very limited view of your breasts.  However, you are tall and narrow in the chest.  I would prefer to use a high profile implant to keep the base width smaller.  As far as sizing, it's best to see a plastic surgeon in person for help with that.  You can also try on implants to gauge sizes.  If I had to guess, I would suspect you would be in the 350cc HP range, but see a plastic surgeon in person.  Good luck and be safe.

John T. Nguyen, MD, FACS, FICS
Double Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
Sugar Land Plastic Surgeon

Implant Size

+1

I consider two factors when selecting implants for my patients:

1.Dimensional planning
2.Gel Implant Sizing system

Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. However, there are some limitations of what size we can recommend. For instance, some implants may just be too big for a narrow chest wall. Your surgeon can review this with you during the consultation.

Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for. This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look. Hope this helps.

Dr. Basu

Implant size

+1

Implant size is a very personal preference.  We have the Vectra system.  If you have a surgeon in your area with this device, it can simulate the result of surgery on your body with a 3D image.  It is quite amazing and gives my patients an accurate idea of what surgery will do for them.

Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

Implant Selection Process

+1

Generally speaking, the bigger the implants, the higher the risk of complications.  In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.

Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Web reference: http://www.drpaulgill.com

Choosing your implant size

+1

Choosing your breast implant size involves a number of factors, including breast shape and size, base width measurements, breast skin envelope, and other factors.  Your board-certified plastic surgeon will perform an examination and may also perform some measurements.  Based on the examination, your surgeon may then recommend a range of sizes to choose from.  You may then have an opportunity to try on some implants in the recommended size range to finalize your implant size choice before surgery.

Buffalo Plastic Surgeon

Implant Size For Tall Thin Woman

+1

The way for you to select implant sizes is the same as anyone else, although you may be able to accommodate slightly larger implants because of your height.  You should try on implants to determine to volume of implant which gives your desired result.  Your surgeon can help you in this process and help you in avoiding "the fake look".