Diagnoesd with Hand Foot Mouth Disease 1 Month After Getting 2 Syringes of Restylane into NB Folds, Could They be Related?

I'm a 51 year old female. On March 12, 2012 I came down with a oral virus (blisters, ulcers on lips, mouth, throat). Doctor diagnosed Hand Foot Mouth Disease, very uncommon in adults. I have no kids, no grandchildren, no exposure to kids. Negative for strep and no history of herpes. Chicken pox at age 7. Could this be a latent reaction to Restylane?

+2

Unlikely this was caused by the Restylane injection and is more likely from person to person contact. 

Web reference: http://www.drfpalmer.com

No this is not a reaction to Restylane.

+2

I am so sorry you experienced this illness.  Occasionally we see patients with a history of herpes who experience a herpes related cold sore within days of a treatment.  It is thought that the treatment was the stress event that triggered the cold sore.  However one month out, it is very unlikely that your illness was related to your Restylane.

Hand Foot Mouth Disease and Restylane

+2

Hand-foot-mouth disease is a relatively common infection, spread by person to person contact. Even though young children and adolescents are more prone to it, it can occur in adults too. If this is really what you have, it's not from the Restylane itself, but you could have gotten it in the office where you received the injections. But the Restylane didn't cause it - not possible. It's only transferred from person to person.

Restylane and viral infection

+1

Your diagnosis of Hand-Foot-Mouth disease would have no correlation to a recent treatment of Restylane to your nasolabial folds. I would check with friends and/or family members and those in your close community--it was likely transmitted by someone you were in close contact with.

Diagnoesd with Hand Foot Mouth Disease 1 Month After Getting 2 Syringes of Restylane into NB Folds

+1

Highly unlikely!  There has never been any known studies or reports on this issue.

Dr. Grant Stevens 

Web reference: http://marinaplasticsurgery.com/