What Procedure Would be Best for Maintenance as I Age?

I'm 51 and Want to Look Better, Where Do I Start? I haven't had any thing done yet but know it's time for some maintenance. Problem is I'm unfamiliar with my options and the seemingly limitless choices. I don't want to be cut unless it's very minor and behind my ear. So where should I start? Where can I get the biggest bang for my buck? Botox, Laser, Thermage, injectables?Please Help!

Minimal procedures would make a noticeable improvement in your face.

+2

If you want minimal procedures that give a lot of bang for their buck, then liposuction of your jawline under local anesthesia for around $2500, botox for the crows feet for $300 and a medium chemical peel for the face and neck for 1000-1500 would accomplish a lot and is so easy to undergo. Sincerely,

David Hansen,MD

Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Treatment for deep aging lines of the face

+2

The photos show the following aging changes:

• horizontal forehead lines
  • crows feet at the outer corners of the eyes
  • excess upper eyelid skin
  • drooping of the nasal tip
  • moderately severe laugh lines
  • early marionette lines with a concave contour to the jawline on either side of the chin
  • mild to moderate neck skin laxity with horizontal creases
  • long upper lip

The recommended procedures would depend on what specifically bothers you, how much you want to spend, what goals you want to achieve, how aggressive an approach you want and what kind of recovery time is acceptable to you.

Just because a procedure could be done with a reasonable expectation of good result does not mean that it has to be done. This is cosmetic surgery not a burst appendix.

From the least aggressive with shortest down time you could get botox for the crows feet and forehead lines and injectable filler (restylane, radiess, juvederm etc) to the laugh lines. More surgery with more down time would be upper blepharoplasty. Still more aggressive would be a facelift with neck lift. And the most aggressive with the longest recovery would be a face and neck lift with subperiosteal lift. I am not sure a facelift without a neck lift (mini facelift) would work in your case. You could do any combination of these procedures keeping the above issues in mind.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

Aaron Stone, MD

Best approachbto reverse aging.

+1
My advice for someone who photographs as you do is to consider upper blepharoplasties and a facelift. If you want to call it a mini lift so be it. You would not need as extensive a procedure as might be indicated 10 years from now. Use the fillers, Botox and other minimally invasive procedures to augment the results of the surgery.

Sheldon S. Kabaker, MD
Oakland Facial Plastic Surgeon