I Am 51 and Had 4 C-Sections, Am I a TT Candidate?

i am 51 and had 4 c-section is it too late too have a tummy tuck

+1

I have many patients that have had a c section prior to a tummy tuck. I like to perform the incision under the c section cut to have better outcome.You will need a medical clearance from your family doctor and a chest x-ray to make sure you are healthy for this procedure.

Many surgeons, including myself, offer online virtual consultations where you send us your photos and we can estimate the cost. I, like many surgeons, also offer free consultations so that you can be examined and given the most accurate quote.

Choose a board certified plastic surgeon who has done a ton of Tummy tucks and has privileges to do this surgery at a local university hospital. This says his credentials have been checked out by fellow Drs. All surgeries carry risk, talk to your plastic surgeon and choose one wisely.

Too old for tummy tuck?

+1
Thank you for your post. Age is not a contraindication to surgery. Poor health is. If you are a healthy adult, and interested in a tummy tuck surgery, meet with a board certified plastic surgeon. He or she will assess you as a patient for any risks you might have. The biggest risks are heart disease, diabetes, smoking, high blood pressure, and previous history of deep venous thrombosis.
Best Wishes,
Pablo Prichard, MD

Pablo Prichard, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Yes you can have a TT at age 51

+1

Yes, you can have a TT at age 51.  As long as you are healthy and have a healthy BMI (Body Mass Index).  TT are great for women who have had multiple children and have loose or excess skin.  A TT may give you that hour glass shape you are looking for!

D'Arcy Honeycutt, MD
Bismarck Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck not limited by age

+1

No, you are not too late for a tummy tuck.  I have performed tummy tuck on many women well into their 50's.

As long as you are healthy and medically able to have anesthesia, you can have a tummy tuck.

To see if you are a good candidate, see two or more board-certified plastic surgeons in your area for a complete consultation and recommendations.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Too old for a tummy tuck

+1

As long as you are healthy and have realistic expectations of what a tummy tuck can do for you, there are no barriers to you proceeding with the surgery.

Julio Garcia, MD

Age is just a number... Healthy Women may have Tummy Tuck later in life

+1

Hi there-

I have safely and successfully performed tummy tucks on women as mature as 72. I would add that that particular patient looked and enjoyed the health of a 40 year old.

Your age is not as important as your state of health and conditioning. 

Remember that these are still medical decisions with significant implications for your safety and happiness- choose an experienced surgeon certified by The American Board of Plastic Surgery to guide you.

Armando Soto, MD, FACS

Age and Tummy Tuck

+1

Your age is not a limitation to having this surgery.  If you are healthy and not significantly overweight, a tummy tuck can do wonders to improve your shape.  You should consult with a board-certified plastic surgeon to evaluate your options.

Donald Griffin, MD

Age for Tummy Tuck

+1

All patients considering an elective surgery, no matter their age, should be evaluated for any medical history that could affect their recovery. I have had a number of patients of your age successfully undergo Tummy Tuck. They have been thrilled with their results and frequently say "I wish I'd done it sooner". Consult with Board Certified plastic surgeons, see lots of photos of their results and be sure you are well evaluated by your primary physician. Best Wishes.

James A. Hoffman, MD
Saint Paul Plastic Surgeon

Too late for Tummy Tuck

+1

Because you are 51 years old does not automatically create  a contraindication for tummy tuck surgery.  I would like to know your past medical/ surgical history.  I have seen 51 year olds who are extremely healthy and would have no problem with surgery and I have also seen 21 year olds who are not healthy enough to undergo surgery  - so age is not the limiting factor.

I would suggest that you be evaluated by your family practitioner/internist for suitability for surgery;  I'm sure your plastic surgeon will appreciate “medical clearance”. Make sure you're working with a well experienced board-certified plastic surgeon and anesthesiologist in a fully accredited surgery center/hospital.

Ask to see lots of results and even speak with patients who have had this procedure performed.