I Am 5'1'' and 85lbs, How Big of Implants Can I Go?

Again I am very small. I have almost no boobs keep in mind and my doctor told me I am a size 10. I want to go as big as possible. Looking fake is ok, but I just want the boobs to look great. He suggested 275cc's. I was thinking 340cc's but I don't know what I am talking about.

Smaller implants for smaller patients

+3

Your are not small, you are tiny.  Although it is hard to pick an implant for someone just based on no photos and without an examination, however based on your height and weight, I would recommend a silicone implant under the muscle and probably less than 300cc's. Best of luck with your surgery.

Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Implant size

+3

The implant size must be matched to your breast dimensions and overall frame.  Petite patients will typically be from 250 to 325cc.

Steven S. Carp, MD
Akron Plastic Surgeon

How Big Can I Go With My Breast Implants?

+2

Thank you for your question.  The key to obtaining long-term aesthetic results in breast augmentation surgery is to choose an implant that will both enhance the breast appearance and also be supported through the years by the breast's foundation.  While the female breast is capable of an amazing amount of stretching, this does not mean you should put in the biggest implant possible which usually results in problems down the road, many of which are difficult if not impossible to correct.  The implant size you choose should be based on your breast dimensions and tissue characteristics.  Many plastic surgeons will take measurements during your consultation and use these measurements to help you select the size or sizes that will work best for you and your body through the years.  Some plastic surgeons also offer sizing that allows you to see how these sizes look in a bra which also can help you decide.  While photos of other patients are helpful, if they are not about the same size and have similar breast tissues, then you cannot expect to look like them after your surgery.  Breast augmentation surgery is a very individual procedure and the size you choose has to match your body and yours alone.  Good Luck. 

Herluf G. Lund, Jr, MD
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

Breast implant size?

+2

It will be very important to communicate your size goals with your surgeon.  In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “C cup” or "fake looking" means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.
I use  intraoperative sizers and place the patient in the upright position to evaluate breast size. Use of these sizers also allow me to select the press implant profile (low, moderate, moderate plus, high-profile) that would most likely achieve the patient's goals. The patient's goal pictures are hanging on the wall, and allow for direct comparison.
I have found that this system is very helpful in improving the chances of achieving the patient's goals as consistently as possible.
By the way, the most common regret after this operation, is “I wish I was bigger”.

Implant Selection Process

+1

Thank you for your question.  Unfortunately,  an accurate recommendation cannot be made without an in office exam to measure the chest wall and breast mound.    There is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.
Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.

The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.

Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD

Question about maximal sized implant for petite build

+1

Without photos and an examination, it would be pure conjecture as to what size would be best for you. Clearly, though, you should use silicone implants, have them placed behind the muscle and strongly consider a high profile implant that will give you maximal projection for a given width.

To satisfy your concerns and desires, you may want to consider one or more additional consultations with board certified plastic surgeons.

Steven Turkeltaub, MD

+1

No posted photos makes our GUESS a true guess. I might try 300 cc HP. But best to obtain a few in person evaluations. 

Recommendation for implant size

+1

The answer to this question will depend on the width of your breast base diameter.  For whatever width you are, go with a high profile implant for the most projection.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS