I'm 5'1 and 104 Lbs, and Currently a 32 A, About What Size Will 300cc HP Implants Give Me?

Picking breast implants is pretty technical.

+2

Hi.  I hope you find this article useful.

1)  This is the most common type of question on RealSelf.

2)  It is the surgeon's job to pick the right breast implants, not the patient's. Implant selection is really pretty technical.

3)  Make sure your surgeon REALLY understands the look you want. Mentioning a cup size is not enough. Show your surgeon pictures of breasts you like.

4)  Then your surgeon has to tell you if your chosen look is realistic for your anatomy.  The most common mistake is to go too big.

5)  I recommend that  the surgeon NOT make a final implant choice in advance, because this is just an educated guess.

6)  The surgeon should have a large inventory of different size and shape implants available in the operating room.

7)  Then the surgeon can put sterile disposable implant SIZERS in your breasts during surgery, to see what a particular implant really looks like inside you. This is how to make the best choice. A sizer costs only $45, and takes all the guess work out.

8)  Finally, the sizer is discarded, and the correct breast implants (based on what you want and on your anatomy) are opened from the operating room inventory, and put in your breasts to complete the operation.

Predicting breast size in advance of breast augmentation

+2

It is impossible to tell without measuring you. For example base diameter, amount of "skin envelope" you have to fill, and so on. 

Your Plastic Surgeon should be able to tell you this after your exam.

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Breast Cup Size after Breast Augmentation?

+2

Unfortunately,  no plastic surgeon is able to accurately predict what cup size you will end up wearing after breast augmentation with a certain size implant. As you know, you may end up wearing different bra cup sizes depending on who makes the bra.

I would suggest that you communicate your goals with your plastic surgeon ( I prefer the use of goal pictures)  and ask him/her to do his/her best to achieve the results you're looking for.  You may want to leave it up to him/her to use a breast implant that he/she feels will do the job based on intraoperative evaluation.

I use  intraoperative sizers and place the patient in the upright position to evaluate breast size. Use of these sizers also allow me to select the breast implant profile (low, moderate, moderate plus, high-profile) that would most likely achieve the patient's goals. The patient's goal pictures are hanging on the wall, and allow for direct comparison.
 I have found that this system is very helpful in improving the chances of achieving the patient's goals as consistently as possible.

Again, in my opinion, it is best to set your goals and  level of satisfaction with the results of surgery,  on achieving a certain look/proportionality,  not a specific cup size.

Bra cup size after surgery

+2

There are no fixed definitions of cup sizes. A C cup with a 38 inch band is larger than a C cup with a 36 inch band, which in turn is larger than  C cup with a 34 inch band.  Many of my patients tell me they have bras in their bra drawer that are B's, C's and D's, and sometimes they all fit (and sometimes none of them fit). 

Patients have come in with a bra that fits that says 34DD, and their breast size looks like the photos I have of patients who wear a B cup. 

Try on implants in your surgeons office. See what looks good. Have your surgeon help you choose the implant that will look like the one you tried on (it will usually be a bit larger by 10% or so). Be pleased with your result, and don't become disatisfied if the measured cup size is not what you expected.  Good luck.

The right implant size for my body

+2

Bra sizes are confusing. More often than not, a woman is not wearing a correctly fitted bra, doesn't know her bra size, or doesn't know how a bra is fitted.

Cup size is dependent on the "number" part of the bra size... a D cup in a 34 bra is a different size from a 42 bra.

Outward projection is further determined by the "profile" of the implant. High school geometry: Height (projection) times Width (base width). A Higher Profile implant will give you a larger cup size for less volume than a Moderate Profile implant.

Furthermore, a saline implant looks bigger than a silicone implant of the same volume. That is because a saline implant is more oval (round on both top and base), while a silicone implant is flat on the base.

Some plastic surgery books have proposed the following parameters for breast augmentation:

• 32 bra: 100-200 ml per cup size
  • 34 bra: 150-250 ml per cup size
  • 36 bra: 200-300 ml per cup size
  • 38 bra: 250-350 ml per cup size

Using that as a guide line you should be able to get a rough estimate for the size implant you would need.

William A. Wallace, MD, FACS
Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

Bra cup size after implants

+2
The size is not predictable. It depends on whose bra you wear. In other words, a "D" cup in Victoria Secret may be a "C" cup in Playtex. So which one does that make you. You should not focus on a specific bra size, but pick a look/size that you are happy with. Loose rule of thumb, every 200 cc is a cup size in volume. However, it does mean it raise you a cup size in a specific bra. Go with what you think looks good and don't worry about the bra size.

Todd C. Case, MD
Tucson Plastic Surgeon

Breast implants and cup size

+2

Dear Vanessa Mount,

at 5'1 and 104 LBS you are fairly petite and slim.

although cup size is difficult to exactly judge since it is a ratio of 2 measurements: the circumference of your chest measured at your breasts and on your chest wall.

But by experience, I can tell you that 300 cc HP may most likely bring you to 32 D on you.

You need to consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who has experience in breast surgery. You should try on different sizes in the office, based on the diameter of your breasts.

In our office, we would lend you a pair of sizers to walk around for 1 week so it gives you a good idea of the amount of projection you want to achieve. I would also tell you that bigger implants does not mean better sometimes: It may make you look matronly, and there is a higher risk of bleeding and pain after the surgery.

You need to be fully informed by your surgeon.

Good luck with everything

Florence Mussat, MD

Florence Mussat, MD