If I Went From 282 to 130 Pounds, Would I Need to Get a Tummy Tuck?

I Am 5'1 282 I Wanna Get to 130 if I Was to Eat Right and Exersise Would I Have to Get a Tummy Tuck.

Tummy tuck necessary after weight loss?

+1

Congratulations on your decision to get to a healthy body weight.  It is impossible to tell whether or not a tummy tuck would be necessary after you reach your goal weight.  It is common to have loose, redundant skin after dramatic weight loss.  I recommend a visit to a Board Certified plastic surgeon once you are close to your goal weight so your options can be explored.  Best of luck.

Katy Plastic Surgeon

If I lost 150 pounds would I need a tummy tuck

+1

Great question. Great GOAL! It is impossible to say for sure at this time. But if you did lose that much weight typically you are left with laxity and some overhanging skin and the abdomen is one of the most common areas.

I recommend you lose the weight, then see a board certified plastic surgeon for a consultation.

Rick Rosen, MD
Norwalk Plastic Surgeon

Will a tummy tuck be needed after weight loss

+1

Its impossible to predict what procedures you may need after your anticipated weight loss.   A common challenge weight loss patients experience is excess skin laxity.  Once you have lost your weight, please visit with a board certified PS to learn more about your options.  Good luck.

Dr. Basu

Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Post Weight Loss: Is a Tummy Tuck Necessary?

+1

Thanks for your question.   This is a common question we are asked amongst weight loss patients.    The issue after surgical or medical weight loss programs is loose skin.     Once you reach your goal weight and are able to maintain this for 6 months,  I would recommend consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon to assess your concerns.

It is most important that you reach your goal weight prior to any body contouring procedures such as a tummy tuck.   We also like to see that the weight has been maintained for a period of time, as large weight gain/loss after a tummy tuck can substantially affect the quality of the result.

I wish you all the best in your weight loss journey!!!

Paul S. Gill, MD