500hp Sientra Textured? (photo)

So I went for my pre-op today and ps decided 465-505cc sientra HP textured (possibly due to chest wall irregularity on left breast). I am nervous about that size and the brand. I was thinking smooth mentor memory gel...is there much difference? I don't want to look large and matronly. Maybe I should stay in the C-cup range? Also are sientras as soft as mentors? Please see my previous question on sizing question.

Sientra

+3

The published data on the Sientra implants is very good - so you don't need to be worried about the brand.  However, it sounds like the implants that you and your surgeon have chosen are a bit large for your frame size... it would give a pretty "obvious" implanted look, IMO.

But, of course, it depends on what you like and what you've asked for... speak to your plastic surgeon if you are having doubts.

What is your breast base width?

Sientra high strength silicone gel implants

+2

Sientra has the highest strength silicone gel with excellent gel to shell bonding and if you choose either a round or a shaped implant ( my preference) it will afford the best and softies, natural result. Softness comes from meticulous operative technique combined with avoiding the nipple approach and using a textured implant placed beneath the muscle. Shaped implants give more volume and projection for the cc and a shaped oval or round base in the mid 300- 400s should match the 500 ccs. Wouldn't believe the smooth mentor option is the  best - we used to use Mentor and now opt for Sientra for essentially all patients

Sientra Implants? and sizing concerns?

+2

All good questions!

I think sizing my patients is my biggest challenge. If you are at all unsure I would visit your Plastic Surgeon again for further discussion. It can be a very difficult decision to make.

I tend to use smooth round implants for most of my patients. Every patient is an individual, and it's important that you express your expectations with your surgeon to help him/her choose the right implant specifically tailored for you!

I am one of the principal investigators for the Sientra FDA study that was published late last year. I really like their product.  I think their implants ripple less, and have more cohesivety than the others on the market.  I strongly recommend them without any reservation.

Jennifer Harrington MD

Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

500 HP Sientra Implants

+2

While I agree with my colleagues it's always best to speak directly with your Board Certified Plastic Surgeon since they will manage your care. I am happy to share my views on how I do things in my practice. I do like the Sientra implants. They are slightly firmer than Mentor...but I bet I could put a Sientra in one breast and Mentor in the other and you wouldn't tell a difference. So, I wouldn't worry about that. Sientra makes a great implant and early studies show they "may" last longer. Personally speaking I'm not a big fan of high profile implants because they tend to look "more fake."  Again, that is just my opinion. I do use them in my practice but typically for patients with very small chest widths. Bottom line I think you'll have a great result.

Matronly and implants

+1

Your pictures are difficult  to interpret because you are taking your own and the lifting of your arms elevates the breasts, making them look more lifted.  Sientra makes round silicone implants that are textured and smooth.  They also make anatomic (or form stable implants) that are textured.  I think the anatomic ones may not look the best if you have much ptosis (or breast hang).  But a good examiner can help guide you because, the surgeon should also look at skin quality, breast volume, chest projection, etc. 

Web reference: http://burgessplasticsurgery.com

The Selection of Breast Implant Size and Manufacturer

+1

You need to focus on implant size and shape selection and not worry about the manufacturer of them as that makes no difference whatsoever. If you get the desired size you want, it will not matter who manufactured them. If you are getting textured Sientra implants then these are the shaped (tear drop) and not the round implant style. I assume you have chosen a shaped implant for a specific reason.

Web reference: http://www.eppleyplasticsurgery.com

Textured Sientra implants?

+1

You should size with external sizers to make sure you will not be matronly.  You should ask your surgeon why you are having textured implants instead of smooth ones.  And as for implants, to me, they are all essentially the same.

Breast Implant Size and Brand

+1

I always recommend that my patients return for implant sizing sessions until they feel comfortable with the size and profile of the implants. In a primary breast augmentation where the implants are partially covered by the pectoralis major muscle a smooth implant is generally a good choice. If the implants are to be placed on top of the pectoralis major muscle than a textured implant may remain softer for a longer period of time but rippling may be more of a problem. Return to your surgeon to discuss your concerns or get a second opinion. You should feel confident about the surgical plan before you proceed with surgery.

Draper Plastic Surgeon

Size issue

+1

If you are concerned about the size, why don't you try a baggy test to figure out if you like the volume.  Good luck.

500hp Sientra Textured?

+1

If you have doubts, you should arrange another visit before surgery with your chosen doctor, or get a second opinion. 

Your questions are a bit too specific to answer without the benefit of an examination. I do note that with as large an implant as you are considering, and the relatively small amount of breast tissue, that I would prefer to use a smooth implant to avoid the higher risk of rippling.

All the best .

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.