500cc Implants - Too Much for Me? Moving Crease?

I had a consultation with a plastic surgeon yesterday who has done 7 of my family members and close friends. I am currently a medium 38C, 5'5", 165 lbs. I do have a larger frame and am wanting to go to from a C to a DD. He recommended a 500cc saline implant over the muscle and moving my crease down 1/2 inch. Will the 500cc be too large or can that large of an implant only take you up 2 sizes? Also, what is the moving the crease about? normal?

Physicians recommendations

+1

I am not sure how much more of a recommendation you can ask for other than 7 family members. I am not a fan of lowering the crease but this is occasionally required in contricted breasts

Size of breast implants

+1

Without a picture, it is hard to give specific recommendations but to go from a 38D to DD does require a large implant. 500cc (or more) may be needed.

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS

500 cc breast implants

+1

As Dr. Johnson has nicely stated, for some frame sizes a 500 cc implant is swallowed right up.  I also agree that under the muscle is better and watch out tp not lower the crease too much as it opens up the possibility of a double bubble.

I can guess that the above the muscle, crease lowering issue comes from you maybe needing a lift.  These are ways of trying not to have to lift you but I see many where the lift would have been better.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

500cc breast implants may be just right

+1

There are times when a 500cc implant isn't as big as it would seem. An individual with a larger frame will require a large implant, as will an individual who starts off with a larger breast, say a full C-cup. For you the 500cc implant may be just right. The fold under the breast is often pushed down with the pressure of the implant, in a process of settling in, and the fold can be set to accommodate the diameter of the implant within limits. If the fold is pushed too far, a double bubble can occur where the implant edge is below the breast fold. One last thought, I would suggest a submuscular saline, or a subglandular gel.

peterejohnsonmd

500cc Implants - Too Much for Me? Moving Crease

+1

My guess is because you did not post a photo, is go larger to 600 cc HP. Yes OK to lower crease. From MIAMI Dr. Darryl j. Blinski

Is 500 cc too large for me?

+1

Without actually seeing you, it would be next to impossible to determine which size of implant would be appropriate.  I am concerned about placing that large of a saline implant over the muscle. 

In my experience, saline implants have a significantly higher rate of rippling in general.  Add to this a very large implant placed above the muscle and you have an almost guaranteed risk for rippling.  He probably has a very solid reason for suggesting this but I would ask him about the possibility of this in the future.

I hope that helps!

Gregory A. Buford, MD, FACS
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Implants

+1

Without a formal exam, I can not tell you whether or not a 500 cc implant will be best for you.  As for the fold issue, I personally do not like lowering them in most patients, but he may  have a good reason to do so.

500cc MAY be perfect, but wait...

+1

Without seeing you, or knowing your dimensions it is difficult to say.  It may be that they are the right size for you.  If the plastic surgeon has done right by your friends and family there is no reason to believe he would not tr yo do right by you as well.  I am concerned about using saline over the muscle.  Is there a reason why not under the muscle or silicone over the muscle to try to cut done on rippling or wrinkling?

Steven Schuster, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Large implants, large chest

+1

500 cc's sounds about right for your frame, as you need a large diameter.  You may even need a larger implant to achieve what you are seekeing.  That depends on the exam of course.

I am not in favor of over the muscle, as there is increased risk of contracture, and sagging over the long run- especially in larger implants which are heavier.  Ask about under the muscle.

You may also want to look at low profile implants as they can compliment a full figure better than moderate profile implants, in some instances.

The crease is the inframammary fold, and I can't advise without exam.

Hope this helps.

Scott E. Kasden, MD

500 cc Implants

+1

Without pictures or examining you in person, it is difficult to give specific advice.  If your surgeon has done 7 of your friends and family members and they are all happy with their results, then I think you are pretty safe having that surgeon do your surgery.  Moving the crease may be due to an asymmetry that you have.  However, without seeing you, it is hard to tell for sure.

Good luck.

David Shafer, MD