Will a 500cc implant be too big for my size? What implant will give me the most perkiness/fullness, saline or silicone? (Photo)

I'm a mom of 5. I'm 5'4 230lbs I'm a full 38B small C & I want to be a full DD. Will a 500cc implant b to big for the size I am already?Which implant will give me the most fullness/perkiness,saline or silcone? My PS said I need a lift so I'm getting one but will that b to big after a lift?and what would give me the most upper pole look,HP or moderate+? I don't want 2 ball looking implants and I don't wanna b to big nor to small. I don't wanna bottom out either.

BBA

+2
I worry that implants that big will work against you in the long run and end up looking like balls in a sock.  Based on your photos, you likely need a full lift.  You may want to consider staging your surgeries so that you have the lift first and then get the augment later.  See a BC PS in your area.

A Lift is Vital

+2
Good morning!

Looking at your photos, I would strongly recommend you to havea breast lift with your augmentation.  Implants do not make your breasts "perkier"- they only add volume.  Your nipples are a bit low and an implantation alone would not correct that.  If you were my patient, I would counsel you to have a full breast lift with your augmentation- i think anything less that that you will be somewhat disappointed with your outcome.

Looking at your volume in your photos and the photos of the breasts you find ideal, I think a 500cc implant is going to be way too big for what you seem to be looking for.  I would revisit this size choice with your PS.

Good luck and I hope this helps.

Robert Steely, MD

Breast lift not implants will help make breast perky

+2
Breast implants will not lift a breast or make it more perky.  Your plastic surgeon is correct that a breast lift will help make your breasts more perky.  The addition of a breast implant will improve the fullness above your nipple areola although you have an adequate amount of breast tissue to fill the breast.

500 cc is a very large implant.  My concern would be that a 500 cc implant could compromise the blood supply to your lifted breast and create wound healing difficulties.

Please see your plastic surgeon again and undergo a breast implant sizing system evaluation.  Cup size varies with bra manufacturer and is an unreliable way to judge breast size.

Placing various sized especially shaped implants into a non-padded bra will give you an idea of how you will look and can be more helpful in making a decision.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

BBA

+1
Than you for the question, Silicone implants are approved for woman above the age of 22. If the size is chosen based on the individuals tissue characteristics the chance of having a great long term success is high!

Ryan Neinstein, MD, FRCSC

Simultaneous lift maximizes perkiness

+1
At size 38 C each 200 cc’s of implant corresponds to 1 cup size change. 400 cc implants would take you up to a DD. However, more important than augmentation is a simultaneous lift. I recommend a new technique called The Ultimate Breast Lift™. This technique reshapes your breast tissue creating upper pole fullness, elevates them higher on the chest wall and more medial to increase your cleavage. This technique avoids the ugly vertical scars of the traditional technique, maintains nipple sensation and the ability to breast feed. Implants can be placed at the same time. I always recommend small round textured silicone gel implants placed retro-pectoral since they look and feel more natural, are more stable, less likely to ripple or have complications needing revision. Implant profile is irrelevant in the retro-pectoral position since the muscle compresses it. 22% of women who undergo breast augmentation alone require revision within 2 years because they are dissatisfied with the result. Frequent causes of dissatisfaction are over implantation and not performing a simultaneous lift when needed.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift and Augmentation

+1

Sometimes it is very difficult to discuss cup sizes.  It is helpful to review photos.  In breast augmentation I have chosen to spend time reviewing photographs with patients to fully understand their expectation of size and shape. Many times this simply raises more questions. I will make measurements and use the implant guides to allow the patient to understand exactly the sizes that are reasonable for their body type and measurements.

The lift aspect is very important because lifting and augmentation are two different procedures that compete against each other.  Learning more about breast lifts can be helpful.

Please find an experienced Board Certified Plastic Surgeon and member of the Aesthetic Society using the Smart Beauty Guide. These Plastic Surgeons can guide you on all aspects of facial surgery, breast augmentation and body procedures including tummy tucks or mommy makeovers!

Robert Whitfield, MD, FACS

Will a 500cc implant be too big for my size? What implant will give me the most perkiness/fullness, saline or silicone?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures. Based on the pictures, your plastic surgeon is correct in that you will benefit from a breast lift. It will behoove you to learn about breast lifting surgery (and the greater potential risks/complications associated with this operation). Also, achieving  realistic expectations prior to proceeding will be important, given that the results of breast augmentation mastopexy surgery do not necessarily approximate that of patients who have undergone breast augmentation surgery only (aesthetically).

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering  breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining  breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 

In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as  “natural” or "C or D cup” or "perkiness/fullness" etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.

Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

The use of computer imaging technology may also be very helpful during this communication process.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

I hope this (and the attached link) help.