500cc Hp or 550cc Hp Silicone Implants with Stage Two Ptosis and 13.5 BBW? (photo)

I am a 27 year old mom, 5'7" and weight 118 pounds. My BBW is 13.5 and my ps says I have stage 2 ptosis I am worried about going under my BBW and having any extra skin. My ps says that some ps's subtract an inch on each breast for the BBW to compensate for your own breast tissue. And that if I went with the 500cc's I would still fill it out. I told him I was concerned that with the 500cc I will not get that much upper pole since I'm lacking that and not taking the lift. Which implant do I pick??

Ptosis and implants

+2

Your side picture makes me think that an extended dual plane augmentation may be all you need. You are thin so, in my opinion, silicone gel is a much better option for you. Hope this helps! Good luck!

Long Beach Plastic Surgeon

The implant number

+1

I have many patients coming in every day with the number (or ccs) that they want because a friend, family member, or someone on the internet has that number. Just as you have 2 very different breasts, you can imagine how your breasts don't match the next person so try not to focus on the number. During the examination, your plastic surgeon should discuss both your measurements and what you want to achieve. I can guarantee that a moderate profile implant will not look good. The higher profile (which will only give 1.2 cm more of projection) may give you what you want and will recruit more inferior skin but you will never have a great deal of superior fullness. I submit you have Grade 1 ptosis not Grade 2 but an exam will give me a better idea. You also don't seem to have the frame of someone with a base width of 13.5 cm. Good luck!

Miami Beach Plastic Surgeon

Implant Selection Process

+1

In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.
Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Web reference: http://www.drpaulgill.com

550cc implants with grade 2 ptosis (saging)?

+1

I would recommend a lift and a smaller implant rather than just a large implant. Of course a physical exam is needed to ascertain your body shape, skin elasticity, skin thickness and native breast tissue present. Based on the limited information you have given your results are achievable but I think you should have a lift if you have grade 2 ptosis.

Breast recommendations

+1

I would recommend a lollipop lift along with implants, but not 500 cc's.  350 cc's pants plus a vertical lift with lollipop scars will give you the best result, in my opinion. Your skin is thin, and if you use 500 cc implants, the skin will only stretch further.

Web reference: http://edelsonplastic.com/breast/breast-augmentation/

High Profile Implants for Breast Ptosis

+1

Some said it more convincingly, others made more gentle suggestions; I will be upfront with you: most of what you've said is misguided and incorrect.  You are very thin, your breasts have lost tissue elasticity, the glands have atrophied from child rearing, and you have asymmetric ptosis.  This is not a situation for a very large, ball shaped device (HP breast implant).  It would be extremely unpredictable at best, leaving you at risk for multitude of potential problems including tissue stretch and thinning, rippling, malposition and dropout, and capsular contracture.  Your long term result would be less than satisfactory as well, with the additional complication of rib cage dishing from these implants. HP implants have the highest complication rate of all profiles, and do not predictable improve upper pole fullness, only projection of the breast mound.

Dimensional planning will allow proper selection of the implant size and profile. Placement should be subpectoral, respecting the inframammary fold, which allows the implant to sit as high up on your chest wall as possible.  To center the breast mound and nipple areolar complex, a breast lift should be performed as well.  This is the only was to predictable enhance the upper pole.

If you are 'not taking' a breast lift, you should not proceed with any surgery at all. You will be saving yourself from a lot of problems, grief, and regret. 

Web reference: http://www.drminniti.com

500 or 550cc implants to fill out loose skin. Neither!

+1

Thank you for the question and photos. You are 118lbs, minimal breast tissue with loose, thin skin and lots of stretch marks. I'm not sure what you would like to achieve; very large breasts or proportionate breasts with the least amount of postoperative problems and many future re-operations. You need to decide that and it is your surgeon's responsibility to offer you the best surgical outcome based on your anatomy and tissue characteristics. Implants in the 500 range will destroy your tissues and you will end up with a deformity known as a"rock in the sock". It is a fallacy to think that your muscles will hold the implant up. The muscle is only a cover to mask the implant superiorly. I personally would recommend a smaller implant, silicone gels, and a short scar breast lift at the same time. Your breast foot prints are low, and no matter how high you want the upper poles to be filled out, in the long run your implants will end up lower than you want. Seek another opinion from a board certified plastic surgeon. Good luck.

Web reference: http://www.bellevueplasticsurgeons.com

Bellevue Plastic Surgeon

What sized implants

+1

That is a big implant and HP makes it extra projecting. My approach would be to recommend a periareolar mastopexy and a smaller mod profile type implant. The periareolar scar heals nicely, removes the extra skin, and with an appropriate implant you wil get a nice result. With too large an implant you will sag quicker.

I would suggest you look on line at implants HP that large on someone who starts with your volume and your size. that may help.

Web reference: http://www.drrickrosen.com/breast-augmentation-connecticut/

Norwalk Plastic Surgeon

Choosing the proper implant with #BreastAugmentation

+1

From your photos, your concern needs to be the excess skin you have not the 50cc difference between implants. Even with your arms raised in the photos, your nipples are low. The larger implants will have weight and eventually fall on the chest leaving you with larger, low breasts. Not likely your goal. Make sure you listen closely to your surgeon as it seems you are already on your way to a revision.

You should see a board certified plastic surgeon in your area to get a formal opinion through and in-person consultation.

Vincent Marin, MD

Best Breast Implant Size/ Profile for Me?

+1

As you can imagine, despite your good description of body type and goals, it is not possible to give you precise  advice online.
The best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining  breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural”  or “D cup” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

I hope this (and the attached link) help.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_breastAugmentation.htm