Is 500cc High Profile Implants the Right Size for Me? (photo)

I am 5'4" and I weigh 152lbs I am medium build. I have lost a lost of volume due to breast feeding and weight loss. I used to wear a 38D after child birth. Now I wear a 34DD. I don't think I need a lift neither does my PS . He believes with a dual plane placement it will fix the little droop. Do you think that 500cc is too big for me or too small? I have an hour glass shape and I want something that's proportionate to my body size.

Is 500cc High Profile Implants the Right Size for Me?

+2

There is not enough info to go on here. The photo shows part of the breast only, and there are no helpful measurements. For a high profile 500 cc implant your surgeon would probably want to see a breast width of 13 cm. 

It looks like there is some asymmetry and that may be more noticeable at a larger size.  if this is not addressed. All the best.  

Implant Selection Process

+1

In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.
Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD

High profile 500 cc breast implants. Is this appropriate .

+1
Your photo shows asymmetry of your breasts both in size and in the position of the nipples. An online opinion can not match the opinion of your surgeon because the critical element for the decision making is the examination and measurement of your breast base width. The choice of high profile versus moderate is also dependent of you desired size and your base diameter. I would suggest that you trust your surgeon or get a second opinion. The breast asymmetry is another subject that has to be carefully considered. You have to accept some asymmetry or have it corrected by a lift.

Farhad Rafizadeh, MD
Morristown Plastic Surgeon

500 cc's?

+1

You need to use external sizers to give you an idea of what you will look like before having surgery.  Despite what others say, they work remarkably well for my patients and they unanimously feel they were very close to what they saw when using sizers in unpadded bras.  The dual plane is very effective in helping provide a little lift.

Curtis Wong, MD

Choosing implant size for breast enhancement, breast implants, breast lift

+1

Thank you for your question and the photos.

It would be impossible to give you an accurate answer based on the limited information provided.  The internet is helpful but in no way replaces a face-to-face consulation and evaluation by a qualified surgeon.

To be sure what is right for you, see two or more board-certified plastic surgeons in your area for a full and complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have surgery.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Measurements are Important

+1

Thank you for photo.  It depends on your measurements if you can handle the 500 cc implant.  You will have to trust the PS you choose to help guide you and make the right decisions.

Best Wishes

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Areolar Repositioning May Be Helpful

+1

Impossible to tell exactly what you need from the one photograph...theoretically 500 cc high profile implants may fit your body type and fill in the breast volume you've lost.  Also, the dual plane technique is excellent for correcting slight sagging of the breast but doesn't replace the need to reposition the areola higher if its needed!  Better photographs and measurements of your chest wall are necessary to ascertain any asymmetries between the breasts that should be corrected, what size implant is ideal and whether or not the dual plane technique is enough to give you the result you want.  Good luck!

Eric Sadeh, MD

500 cc implants the right choice?

+1

Without an exam, it is difficult to say if 500 cc implants are the right ones for you.  Best to be seen in person.

Selecting the right breast implant volume

+1

A 500 cc implant may be very appropriate for you but more information is needed to understand your anatomy and degree of asymmetry.  An implant is not all about volume one must consider base diameter as well as projection.  A breast implant, after all only gives you a bigger version of yourself.  

+1

Could be just right. But the poorly exposed photo with a tee shirt is of no aid. Best to obtain a few IN PERSON opinions!