Is a 500cc High Profile Too Big for Me?

I am 5'4" and I weigh 154 right now I wear a 34DD but I don't completely fill the cup I lost a lot of weight and after breast feeding I lost some breast tissue . My surgeon feels that a 500cc high profile will be good for me I want something thats proportionate to my body I am a medium frame girl with a hour glass shape my breast just aren't there. Am I going too big or not big enough?

Implant Selection Process

+1

In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.
Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Web reference: http://www.drpaulgill.com

Picking your implant size

+1

Thank you for posting your question. There are several variables in determining implant size.  When recommending implant size for my patients, I consider the followings: 1) patients' anatomy (height, weight, chest width, chest height, amount of breast tissue) and 2) patients' desired look/goal.  Without knowing your chest measurement and breast tissue amount, I cannot give you any recommendation.  You should visit with board-certified plastic surgeon who will examine you.  Try implant sizers to get a rough estimate of the size you may want.  As you know, bra/cup size will vary depending on the brand.  Good luck with you.

Dr. Sugene Kim

Breast sizing

+1

Thanks for your inquiry, but without a picture and measurments it is hard to tell.  Please have your surgeon let you try on sizers to help you visualize the final result.  Good luck.

500 cc implants

+1

It is impossible for me to tell you if that is the appropriate size for you without an exam.  A simple test for you would be to sample the volume using a baggy test.

500cc Too Big?

+1

Very tough to answer without an exam.  I find that patients who have sagging breasts often wear a larger cup size than needed.  So whether or not you are truly a DD is difficult to say.  Find a great local board certified plastic surgeon to get a proper evaluation.  Best of luck!

Long Island Plastic Surgeon

Large High Profile Implants

+1

It would be impossible to make any valid comments regarding what the most appropriate implant is for you, but I can tell you some very important considerations you should be having about choosing a very large, high profile implant:

1. From a purely aesthetic point of view, you are relatively short and full breasted now, and you do not possess a small or slim frame.  Large implants rarely make women of your stature and weight look sexier, just heavier and more matronly. 

2. Large implants in an already large breast do not age well, and typically cause significant sagging in a short time. 

3. High profile implants impart the strongest forces of pressure against you breast tissue, causing unpredictable tissue stretch and subsequent implant drop out, and therefore breast sagging. 

4. I have a concern when a surgeon recommends a very large, high profile implant in a woman with a large breast.  I don't have a photograph of your breasts, but it makes me wonder if you are in need of a breast lift as well.  Not performing the appropriate breast lift in someone who needs it, and instead place large, HP implants will not yield a nice result at all, and the end result will be saggier breasts that are too large.

You should be certain that your doctor is certified by the ABPS, a member of the ASAPS, and has a great reputation in all forms of cosmetic breast surgery, including breast lifts, reductions, and revisions of lifts and reductions, not just breast augmentations.  

Web reference: http://www.drminniti.com

What size #BreastImplants are right?

+1

It is impossible to tell you without any photos submitted with your questions. You must communicate with your surgeon and trust they will get you to your desired outcome. Losing weight and pregnancy will likely make you a better candidate for a breast lift as well. 

You should see a board certified plastic surgeon in your area to get a formal opinion through and in-person consultation.

Vincent Marin, MD

500 mL high profile in a small patient is probably too big for breast augmentation.

+1

I'm sure the large implants can be position but I doubt whether they're going to look natural with your relatively small frame. In the end though it's your decision.

Web reference: http://www.zubowicz.com/subpag,13-atlanta-breast-augmentation.htm

Try on sizers

+1

It is not possible to advise you whether 500 cc implants would be too big or not big enough for you. That is a personal decision that you and your plastic surgeon will need to make. I suggest that you try on 500 cc sizers under a bra with a T-shirty on and see what you think.

Bristol Plastic Surgeon

Avoid very large breast implants.

+1

Hi.

1)  500 cc's is the largest breast implant that we use.  Large implants stretch your tissues and age badly.  You are 5' 4" tall.  And if you are sort of a DD cup now, you do have some volume of your own.  So 500 cc's might be too much.

2)  If your surgeon has an inventory of implants in the operating room, then it is best not to decide size in advance since this is just an educated guess.  Your surgeon can put different sterile implant SIZERS (just like implants but disposable and not expensive) into your breasts during surgery to actually see which size looks best.  Then the actual implants (of the ideal size which is now confirmed) are opened and inserted into your breasts to complete the operation.

3)  With your history of weight loss, breast feeding and atrophy, you may very well need a breast lift at the same time.  Make sure this is thoroughly investigated or you could be disappointed.  Good luck!