Will a 500cc Breast Implants Make Me a Full D or DD if Am a Full B Now?

Am 21 have 3 children all breast fed for 6 months, am 175 lbs 5/7. I was told that am a B cup and I want to be a large D or DD. What cc breast implants will give me the results that I want?

Breast Implant? No Way. You Probably Need a Breast Lift Instead.

+3

Your breasts are fairly large and are somewhat droopy. I can't know without measuring you, but you probably need a breast lift. Your nipples seem below your inframmary fold; your nipple to inframammary fold distance seems >10cm, and a large amount of your breast tissue is hanging below your fold. I just can't forsee how an implant will correct that problem for any period of time.

The worst problems I see following breast augmentation - and I see these all the time - are women who had a few children, drooped a bit, and really needed a lift - but got a huge implant because they didn't want the scars. At best they look fake in the short term, but invariably either the implant goes south and pulls the breast down, or the implant stays up and the breast tissue slides over the implant. Their tissue ends up thinning, the implant becomes visible and palpable, and they end up with a more dramatic and riskier lift (lifts in patients wtih previous implants are problematic) than if they had done it at the outset.

Almost no woman should get a 500cc implant in an cosmetic augmentation, as implants of that size and weight cause tissue damage far too frequently to recommend in a totally elective situation.

If your surgeon feels otherwise, have him or her show you photos of patients with breast just like yours who have had 500cc or larger implants for 5 or 10 years to see how they look...if they show you some great results, please ask them to post them. I'm willing to learn, but so far, i have not seen good results wtih an implant that size in your situation.

Web reference: http://www.drteitelbaum.com

Implant Selection Process

+1

Thank you for sharing your photos.   You will definitely need a breast lift in combination with an implant.  An in office exam with several measurements will be necessary to recommend size accurately.

Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.

Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.

The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.

I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.

Dr. Gill

Web reference: http://www.drpaulgill.com

Breast implant sizing

+1

Thank you for the question and picture.

It is a you may benefit from  pressed lifting as well as augmentation.  During the planning process it will be very important to communicate " the results I want” with your plastic surgeon.In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “C cup” or "fake looking" or "top heavy" means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.
I use  intraoperative sizers and place the patient in the upright position to evaluate breast size. Use of these sizers also allow me to select the breast implant profile (low, moderate, moderate plus, high-profile) that would most likely achieve the patient's goals. The patient's goal pictures are hanging on the wall, and allow for direct comparison.
I have found that this system is very helpful in improving the chances of achieving the patient's goals as consistently as possible.
By the way, the most common regret after this operation, is “I wish I was bigger”.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/procedure_breastliftaug.htm

Implants and cup size

+1

It is difficult to predict the final cup size that would get you into a D or DD cup. You cant ry the baggy test to fill out a bra and see what that takes.  Also it looks like you may need a lift as well.

The right size for you

+1

Denise-breast implant size is extremely personal and specific to your exact measurements. Only you and your surgeon can come to a conclusion on the best size to give you the desired result. Bring pictures with you to your consultation and visits and explain what you would like to look like after surgery.

Alpharetta Plastic Surgeon

Implant size does not equal cup size

+1

Denise, it is very difficult to give you a firm answer. I would say you are very close in your estimation that 500 cc's will make you a D or DD. I would recommend that you do a "sizing" session with your surgeon and see how that size implant feels to you when you have it in your clothes.

You may need to discuss a breast lift if the nipple height is below the breast fold.

Best Wishes

Dr. Peterson

Saint George Plastic Surgeon

Implant size, cup size and "the Look"

+1

Genrally speaking patients should not focus on bra or cup size because it is not completely predictable. Instead you should focus on the "look". That is ultimately what you are trying to achieve. If you like the way you look it doesn't matter what the cup size is. If you don't like the way you look it doesn't matter if you are a D or DD cup.

The best way to determine the "look" is to try on implants in a bra abnd put an a clingy top. Your plastyic surgeon should be able to translate that into a range of sizes and styles of implants.

Harrisburg Plastic Surgeon

Breast implant cup and size

+1

No one can tell you for sure. Looking at your breasts, I am soemwhat surprised that you are a B cup. I would have estimated a larger cup. Therefore, it is my impression that a 500 cc implant should easily get you up to a D cup. However, ask your surgeon to give you a sizer.