Is 500cc too Big For My Frame? I Want a Natural Look.

my big day is in 9days.13bwd,500cc saline high profile,under muscle.im 5'5,152lbs,pretty wide thicker on the bottom kinda girl.I wear 36c(saggy,deflated) Dr. said I was border line of needing a lift(circumareolar)but I said no lift so he said I can do without.im going for as natural look as possible meaning fuller on the bottom then on top, I dont want them to high or to round on top. he said he might need to lower the fold. does this make sense?THANK U IN ADVANCE FOR YOU REPLIES ;)

Implant Selection Process

+1

In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.
Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Not enough information to be able to help you for breast implants

+1

Your surgeon has the advantage of all your breast measurments and examining you. Without photos and more information, I don't see how any advice you get in this forum will be more reliable than a face-to-face consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Breast Implant Size and Breast Lifting Concerns?

+1

Although you do provide a good description of your situation,  giving you advice without direct examination or at least viewing photographs  is not appropriate/precise in my opinion. Assuming you have chosen a well experienced board-certified plastic surgeon ( and have seen lots of examples of his/her work),  than he/she is in a much better position to advise you. If you still have concerns ( this close to your surgical date)  you may need additional visits with your plastic surgeon to address the questions that you bring up here.  If further visits with your plastic surgeon leave you uncertain, postpone your surgical date and seek additional consultations until you feel very comfortable that the planned procedure makes sense.

Unfortunately, you will find that the variety of suggestions you receive online may serve only to confuse you and/or increase anxiety.

Reviews

+1

Your question is quite complex and involves two separate operations - a lift and an augmentation. Both are procedures that involve appearance and balancing proportions. Without medical grade front and side view photos it would not be possible to answer your question. I can tell you this, if you lower the fold you are a set up for a double-bubble deformity. You might want to get another opinion before surgery.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Big Breast Implants

+1

If you are a 36 C and describe yourself as saggy and deflatted, it is hard for me to imagine why you are not a candidate for a breast lift. To add to my concern, when women like you say 'my doctor says I am a borderline lift', it almost always means you need a lift, and frequently it's not a circumareolar lift, it's some variation of a 'full' lift.  Many surgeons have the misconception that a large, high profile implant is somehow going to lift the nipples and the bottom of the breasts into a pleasing position, which it never does.  It just makes your breasts look big and unnaturally top heavy with persistent sagginess.

As far as your question about a 500cc implant being too big for your frame, the answer is usually yes.  Many women who are 'thicker on the bottom' as you describe yourself, only look heavier with big implants.  It's a misconception that it will somehow 'balance' your proportions in any meaningful way, i.e. make you look thinner or more attractive.

Without the benefit of photos, I am affraid you might be heading down the wrong path.  I understand you've made a commitment with your doctor, but it's still not too late to consult with another who has an excellent reputation for breast surgery and is certified by the ABPS and a member of the ASAPS.

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Needing but not wanting a lift

+1

High profile saline implants tend to give a rounder look which, in my opinion, is less natural. The combination of a high profile saline implant and crease manipulation may put you at increased risk for a double bubble deformity. Needing but not wanting a lift may lead to a rather long looking breast as your tissue will have a tendency to slide off the implant. You may want to get another opinion or two. Good luck!

Marcel Daniels, MD
Long Beach Plastic Surgeon

Implant choice

+1

Without an exam it is impossible to properly size you for implants. This is doen in the office after a physical exam and thorough discussion of your goals.  Good luck.