Are 500cc to 510cc Breast Implants Too Big for 34 Full C?

I am having a breast lift and breast implants done. My curennt bra size is around a 34 full C. My doctor said she would just get a lift but I want a much fuller look. I am looking at 500cc-510cc. Do u think that size would be to big considering all the breast tissue I already have?

500cc Breast Implant for Augmentation Mastopexy

+2

500cc breast implants are the size of 1/2 of a one liter bottle. If you think about it in those terms you might realize how big they are. If you're undergoing a significant breast lift in which a large amount of skin is to be removed than you will lose some size, maybe a cup but likely less.

Adding a 500cc implant to a "C" breast might work if you are 5'9" or taller, broad in the shoulders and wide in the hips and have a large frame. You'll still have "DD" breasts but they might work for you. If you want to look proportionate and you're not this size then you'll have to look at smaller implants. In addition, since most women lose upper pole fullness I would recommend a low profile implant to fill the upper pole with less projection.

There are a lot of factors to consider: age, body size, starting breast size, personality, how you want to appear to the public etc. Think long and hard and do your homework with your surgeon before surgery.

Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

500 cc too big?

+1

This will depend on how much breast tissue you have and how accurate your bra measurement is actually.  Many women with loose breast skin wear a larger bra than they really need to prevent the breasts folding inside the bra.    An exam with measurements to the chest wall and breast mound will help identify a safe implant range.

Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.

Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.

The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.

I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.

Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD

+1

In most instances this would take the average patient to larger cup size than a C cup. However, this is just an estimate. Sizers could help.

500 cc may be a bit too large!

+1

As stated by previous responders, it is hard to render a judgement without an examination. However, starting with 34 C breast, it appears that 500 cc implants are going to be quite drastic.

When an implant is placed at the time of breast lift, the risk of nipple/areola complications is increased. a small implant at the time of the lift can help create the upper pole fullness that many women desire. In this scenario, the implant is used to improve the shape, not necessarily to provide a dramatic "augmentation".

I would recommend a second consultation with your surgeon to address the implant size. If your goal is mainly to go bigger, then you may have to consider a more limited lift. If your breast condition needs a dramatic lift, then you may want to consider a smaller implant.

Reza Nabavian, MD
Santa Monica Plastic Surgeon

Are 500cc to 510cc breast implants too big for me?

+1

As Dr. Diaz said, none of us has seen you or examined you so it is hard to render any kind of judgment.

I would suggest you ask your surgeon to let you try a 500 cc implant in a bra with a tight t-shirt over it. That should give you a ballpark idea of the kind of total volume you will be carrying on your chest. If you love it, you are the one who will have to deal with it, so the rest of us should only offer advice as to wether its doable or not.

Given your skin envelope and nipple position certain techniques should make more sense than others. I will say that the breast tissue overlying the breast implant will be an issue. Sometimes patients with large breasts who get a large implant are bothered by the contrast in feel between the implant and the softer normal tissue, especially if with the effect of gravity it hangs below the implant.

Because of this sometimes it makes sense to remove some of your breast tissue and keep just enough to surround and envelope the implant but not overhang.

Dr. Edwards is right on the money when he says the larger the implant/breast combination the greater the likelihood of tweaking the surgical result down the line.

Check on the link below for some of the alternative skin excision patterns. I say this because the larger volume you add, the less skin you should have to remove.

Ricardo L. Rodriguez, MD

500 cc implants are very big

+1

It is always impossible for a surgeon to definitively know what size implant would be good without examining the patient. Since we have not, and cannot, examine you, anything we write are only general words of advice.

There are a few things we know for sure.

First, 500 cc is very big for anyone of any height. If you are currently a C cup size bra, this will make you more than a DD size cup.

Secondly, we know from pervious experience and studies which have been done, that once the implant is bigger than about 450 cc, the risk of complications down the road increases. Implants of that size weight a considerable amount. Human skin was not designed to hold that amount of weight. If you have 500 cc implants, it will stretch your breast skin very quickly. It will also thin out your existing breast tissue. If you get 500 cc implants, you will probably need another operation to lift your breasts again in a few years.

Lastly, implants of that size will be very obvious to anyone who sees you.

It is okay for you to have implants of that size put in, as long as you are aware of these above facts.

John Diaz, MD

A moderate sized implant will be helpful

+1

Adding an implant to a breast lift procedure will acheive two goals.Increasing breast size and volume and more importantly adding upper pole fullness to a flat breast.

It is not uncommon to use an implant for this purpose. However, it is important to be careful with implant size. A 500cc implant will add an average of two cup sizes to the breast ( variation depends on patient own dimensions).

Adding that much volume to an already full breast will require a considerable amount of skin stretch. This could be counter productive on the long term. Best of luck!

Hisham Seify, MD, PhD, FACS

Breast lift and breast implants

+1

Performing a breast lift and using large implants may force you to have additional surgery sooner rather than later. Without examining you, it is difficult to assess what would be size appropriate for you.

With large implants and breast lift combination you will likely need revision surgery in the future

+1

Without knowing any other facts about you such as height and weight it is hard to say. Each individual has their own idea of what size is correct for themselves. If you are already a C cup then adding a 500 cc implant may take you up almost 2 to 21/2 cup sizes. If you are already requiring a breast lift then this means that you have lost some degree of elasticity of the skin. A large implant will only add more weight to your skin and breast envelope. With large implants you might expect to need a second operation in the future.

Not uncommon to perform both at the same time

+1

I commonly perform a breast lift with breast augmentation in the right patients. I have used implants as small as 300cc to 800cc.

There is the argument that the larger the implant the greater the stress and strain on the tissues and the need for additional surgery in the future.

I believe the key is spending the appror=priate amount of time and energy in informed consent. In my practice you would size with the implants in a sports bra to give you an approximation of what to expect.

Do realize that there are some patients who are not good candidates for a combined procedure such as a women with very low set nipples. In that case I would perform the lift first and follow with a breast augmentation no sooner than 3 months after surgery.

Dr Edwards

Michael C. Edwards, MD, FACS