Would 500 Cc's Removed Leave Me with Almost Nothing? (photo)

Hi. I've included photos for my question. I have not asked for insurance coverage because the two doctor's I've consulted both feel it wouldn't be covered, since I'd have to be approved for 500 cc's to be removed. My only inconvenience with my breasts is I have to wear more than one bra to jog. I've come to terms with the fact that I'm paying for this myself, but just out of curiosity, I'm hoping that 500 cc's would not have looked pleasing anyway. Are my breasts too small to warrant that much

Breast reduction

+2

Good question.  Insurance is quite unlikely to cover the cost of a breast reduction and even if it does, removing 500 grams from each side will leave you basically flat.  A better option would be for you to undergo a mastopexy, or a breast lift.  Your breasts will seem smaller just by having them lifted and I think it would give you a nice size and shape.

When is a breast reduction not a breast reduction?

+2

When you have to remove an excessive amount of breast tissue to satisfy an insurance company's criteria for procedure coverage, you run the risk of being too small and disproportionate. Your examining physicians are correct that 500 grams would be a disservice for you.  A breast lift with a conservative volume adjustment would probably best meet your needs.  This should improve the shape and breast appearance as well as get you back to being a one sports bra jogger....

Best Regards,

Douglas J. Raskin, MD, DMD
Colorado Springs Plastic Surgeon

Breast reduction

+2

I think that based upon your photos, to remove 500 gms would leave you extremely flat. So a lift may be best for you.

Breast Lift vs Breast Reduction

+2
Hello, Yes I think 500 gram reduction would be excessive unless you wanted most of your breast tissue gone. The bigger question may be are you looking for a breast reduction or a breast lift. If you can make your breasts look closer to how you want to by lifting them up with a bra or hands you may be looking more for a breast lift. All the best, Dr Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Breast Reduction and Amount of Tissue Removed?

+2

Thank you for the question and pictures.

I share your concern that a 500 g reduction would leave you with breasts are too small for your frame.  I think you will be better off with breast lifting surgery instead. I would suggest that you meet with) for certified plastic surgeons to discuss your goals and options.

Reduction

+1

Good question 500 cc is a lot for your breasts, we dont know what size your trying to be so it would be hard to determine if it would be too much for you. Make sure you ask your surgeon.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS

Breast reduction and breast size

+1

From the photos you provided, I agree with your plastic surgeon that removing 500 cc would leave with very little breast tissue. What you need is a breast lift. The lift differs from reduction. In breast lift the nipple and areola are reposition in higher position without taking too much breast tissue. Even with a lift your breast will be smaller than now, but not as much as removing 500 cc. You also have preaxillary fat and you may benefit from liposuction of the fat pad.

Moneer Jaibaji, MD

Should I have breast lift? (photos)

+1

Glad you are running.  Fitness important. Agree with others, NO parenchymal (glandular) reduction of breasts indicated.  Wearing two bras when jogging is not, in and of itself, an indication for surgery.  If you want to improve breast and/or abdominal shape, consult with plastic surgeon;  the procedure(s) would be cosmetic.

Steve Laverson, MD