500 Cc's Implants Already a 36dd is 500 Too Big? (photo)

I am re-posting the same question but, with pics. I am 5'9 170 lbs with very wide breasts. I am having a BA with scar revision. My current bra size is a 36DD. I want upper pole fullness. I have already had an anchor lift and I have no upper pole. My PS says to get this I need no less than 450 cc's and probably 500 with a wide implant. I'm just wanting to get some other opinions. I do trust my PS. I believe he understands what I want. Not a lot more projection but, upper pole and fullness. Thanks.

500 Cc's Implants

+2

Thanks for including photos. The width of your breasts would indicate a full D cup fit, but if you put the breast tissue into a D or DD cup that does not have padding or push up features, you will find the upper half of the bra cup is way underfilled. The implant your surgeon is suggesting will add that missing fullness and I doubt you will see much if any change in the size clothing you wear.

Upper breast fullness after breast augmentation

+2

Upper pole fullness can be achieved with a large implants (temporarily) or by placing the implants in via the underarm route and not dissecting the pockets too low.  If you get  large implants (as has been suggested), you will look good for a while, but the sheer weight of the implants will eventually cause the breasts to bottom out.  If you use the underarm approach (using a fiberoptic system with a sterile camera...i.e. "endoscope"), the implants can be precisely placed.  With this method, you can use  much smaller implants (300-350cc) and get a better result initially and in the long term.  If your surgeon fills the implants at the upper end of the fill range, this too will result in more upper breast fullness. Hope this helps.

Victor Ferrari, MD, FACS
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Size

+1

If your breast diameter corresponds with the diameter of the chosen implant then you are in the correct range. The high profile implants have more projection and a less natural look

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

Thanks for the pi

+1

You have a nice result and I advise against messing with it.  Your surgeon did a nice job and you should appreciate his skill.  Going with slightly larger implants, in my opinion is not going to make much difference and not worth the expense.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Trying to get upper pole fullness

+1

Because of your anatomy, you do need an implant large enough to reach your upper pole, and 450cc or more is probably about right. However, this will enlarge your breasts significantly. You should try sizers on to see if that increase in size is acceptable to you, and if it is, then an augmentation with implants will be beneficial. I would use a low profile implant which will have less projection and larger width. 

Paul Wigoda, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

+1

I agree with your PS as to a moderate profile implant that is wider. You mitt consider fat grafting to upper poles also. 

Larger implants for upper pole fullness

+1

It looks like you are having glandular/implant pseudoptosis and need revision of your lift to achieve what you want. A larger implant may help as well.

500 cc Implant in a DD for Upper Pole Fullness

+1

This can be done and is not unreasonable.  I would place about a 275 cc more moderate implant higher on the chest wall and resuspend all of the breast tissue around that higher locale.  By taking more skin inferiorly the breast tissue will appear to have more superior pole fullness, and I always worry about my patients who have very large breasts suffering from problems later.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

500 Cc's Implants Already a 36dd is 500 Too Big?

+1

These may add two cup sizes to your current DD. Try some implants on with a stretchable sports bra to get a rough idea of the size. 

I would suggest considering fat grafting. If you have  some donor fat, this can be grafted precisely to the areas needing enlargement, unlike implants. You can get some upper pole fill without so much enlargement. 

All the best. 

Larger implants for upper pole volume

+1

I agree with another poster that larger implants will offer a quick fix but may create additional problems down the road as you are more likely to have sagging and require a breast lift. 

Robert L. Kraft, MD