Will 500cc Be Too Big for Me?

i am 24 years old, mother of 2 (both were breastfed for over 6 months), 5'0'', 115 lbs. I am currently a 34B/ 32C... I liked the way 500 cc's looked when i tried them on, but now that my surgery date is 3 wks away, I am concerned that it may be too big for me... i am interested in under the muscle, saline, high profile

Correct Size for Breast Implants

+2

There is not a correct size for breast implants. It depends on the patients size and proportions as well as the patients individual goals.

That being said, at 5'0" and 115 pounds a 500cc implant is very large for you and I doubt if a natural looking result can be achieved. Have another consult with your surgeon and talk it over. If your goal is to have an "over augmented" look, that is not illegal nor amoral. It's simply a choice.

Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Breast Enhancement

+1
The answer to the question will be found in time, if you are happy with the appearance and are accepting of the consequences of large implants than yes they are the correct size

Ryan Neinstein, MD, FRCSC

Implant Selection Process

+1

In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.
Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD

Will 500cc implants be too big?

+1

There are several variables in determining implant size.  When recommending implant size for my patients, I consider the followings: 1) patients' anatomy (height, weight, chest width, chest height, amount of breast tissue) and 2) patients' desired look/goal.  Without knowing your chest measurement and breast tissue amount, I cannot give you any recommendation.  You should visit with board-certified plastic surgeon who will examine you.  Try implant sizers to get a rough estimate of the size you may want.  As you know, bra/cup size will vary depending on the brand.  Good luck with you.
Dr. Sugene Kim

Sugene Kim, MD

What implant size is right for me? 500cc?

+1

The size you have chosen will make you very large. Large implants do have significant medical consequences down the road. But rather than focusing on the type of implant profile or the number of cc's or bra cup size (with is manufacturer dependant), I would recommend you communicate very clearly your expectations and desires. Your plastic surgeon will decide with you on the profile of the implant based on the breast width, your body shape, skin elasticity and thickness and native breast tissue present. Based on the limited information you have given your results are achievable. In my practice I usually explain the implant types, profile and rationale for using different implants/ profiles. I also use the a special sizing system pre-op and have patients try them inside a bra so they can get a sense of their look. I never tell them what size I have picked until they show me the "look" they REALLY desire by trying on the sizing sytem in our office. Then we sit down and evaluate "the look" they have chosen and see if it matches what I have chosen by measurements and physical exam.  It does make it both fun and is a healthier partnership between patients and the PS.  Speak with your plastic surgeon. Good luck on your surgery!

Raj S. Ambay, MD

Breast implant sizing

+1

t is very important to communicate your size goals with your surgeon.  In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “C cup” or "fake looking" means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.
I use  intraoperative sizers and place the patient in the upright position to evaluate breast size. Use of these sizers also allow me to select the press implant profile (low, moderate, moderate plus, high-profile) that would most likely achieve the patient's goals. The patient's goal pictures are hanging on the wall, and allow for direct comparison.
I have found that this system is very helpful in improving the chances of achieving the patient's goals as consistently as possible.
By the way, the most common regret after this operation, is “I wish I was bigger”.

Your plastic surgeon should be able to tell you

+1

The size of the implant is a combination of your breast size measurements and what you desire.  If what you are asking for is far bigger than what your breast can accommodate then you can not have it. A discussion with your plastic surgeon and looking at before and after pictures and an understanding of the long term implications of having a large implants should help you reach a conclusion. Good Luck.

Moneer Jaibaji, MD

Choosing the right implant size for you...

+1

I consider two factors when selecting implants for my patients:

1. Dimensional planning

2. Gel Implant Sizing system

Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. Even your fitness levels and other relevant criteria are taken into consideration. It is you who will decide what you are comfortable with.

Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for.

This way your preferences are known and we can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look. Hope this helps.

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Choosing breast implant size is complex.

+1

Size is a complex decision that is not only based upon your height, weight and current cup/bra size but ALSO on also on your breast diameter, waist, shoulder, and skin envelope measurements. These can only be assessed in person during a consultation. A good place to start is using my "Find your perfect size" tool listed in the left hand column of my bodysculptor.com home page. Another good place to look is the searchable database section of the physicians' photos on implantinfo.com. Best of luck.
Please see our website for a description of the procedure: bodysculptor.com You can view some of Dr. Placik's patients or many other patients by visiting the website:photo gallery

Breast Augmentation Size

+1

I would not recommend implants of that size.  Given your height of 5'0, you are a petite woman with a likely small chest diameter.  These implants may be too wide for your chest and would displace laterally--not a very flattering look.  Also, saline implants are heavier than silicone implants and this weight may cause back/shoulder pain and will definitely cause your breasts to sag prematurely.  This premature sagging would be more common in a woman who has breastfed two children and would eventually require a lift.  Good luck.

Luis Zapiach, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon