Would 500 Cc Hp Implants Be Too Big to Look Natural?

5'6'' 120 lbs 28 1/2'' chest 38'' butt currently 32a and want something bigger but natural looking

Implants to achieve a natural look

+1

I consider two factors when selecting implants for my patients:

1.Dimensional planning
2.Gel Implant Sizing system

Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. However, there are some limitations of what size we can recommend. For instance, some implants may just be too big for a narrow chest wall. Your surgeon can review this with you during the consultation.

Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for. This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look.  If you have decided on saline implants, then based on the gel sizer you select, we can guide you to the saline implant that achieves a similar look.
Hope this helps.
Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

Web reference: http://www.basuplasticsurgery.com

Best Breast Implant Size/Profile for Me?

+1

I would suggest that you do the following:
1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.
2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This if communication will be critical in determining which operation and/or breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural”  etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.
3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_breastAugmentation.htm

High profile implant for natural results augmentation

+1

The best way to figure out the appropriate implant is to measure your existing breast width and chest wall width.  Based on these measurements, one can identify the implants that fall within the appropriate width range.  Your surgeon and you will then have several different implant volumes and profiles to select from.   If 500cc implant, no matter what profile, is too wide for your width, it will not look natural.  High profile implants can really stretch the skin over time but can be useful in certain situations, such as a patient who is narrow but desires full volume.  For patients who are relatively narrow but would like a full volume another option, in addition to high profile round implants, is a shaped, anatomic gel implant.  This can give the desired volume without using an excessively wide implant.  These implants, made by Sientra, were recently approved by the FDA.   Both Allergan and Mentor have a shaped, saline filled implants.  Hope this helps.

Tracy M. Pfeifer, MD

500 cc too big?

+1

Hi, at 5'6 and starting with an A cup, 500 cc is definitely too big and will not look natural. 

Also, I am not sure it will fit safely in your chest without accurate measurement and examination. I recommend you get examined and measured by a certifed surgeon to find the best size in your case that will give you the natural result you are looking for.

Too big?

+1

Hi

500 cc sounds like it will make a full C to a possible small D..If you saying your starting at size A. 225 cc equals 1 cup size. Sounds like your making a good decision.

Too big for natural look?

+1

Define natural.  For your frame size, these implants will probably be taller and wider than your natural breast tissue.  Additionally, the top half of the breast will likely be quite convex.

Bellevue Plastic Surgeon

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.