IS 500 Big for a Buttock Augmentation?

Buttock Implant Sizing

+2

It is all relative, the most important factor determining (and limiting) the size of implant that can be safely and effectively placed into the buttock is the dimensions of the existing/native buttock cheeks.  As the saying goes, "you cannot stuff 10 lbs of sand into a 5 lb sac" without it breaking or creating some type of problem - the same is true for buttock implants.  Hope this helps...RAS

500cc buttock augmentation

+1

In a small person, 500cc might be more than enough; however it may not be enough in a larger person.  A 500cc buttock implant is on the large end of the scale.  Fat is more versatile, and even larger volumes can be achieved. 

Dennis Dass, MD

BBL

+1

Transfer of 500 cc. of pure fat is not a large volume. Most of my patients are getting 750-1000 cc. on each side.

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

Volume of Fat Injected for Brazilian Buttlift

+1

I frequently inject 1200 to 1500 ml per buttock during a Brazilian buttlift, and I liposuction out up to 5 liters. 

500 cc is not too much for buttock augmentation

+1

500 cc is not an excessively large amount in most cases.

The best answer is that it depends on your size, the size of your buttocks, how much extra fat you have to move and how tight your buttock skin envelope is. If you pack too much fat in, there will be too much pressure and the percent take of fat will be less.

John Squires, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Buttock Augmentation - How much is too much?

+1

500 cc's is not an exceptionally large volume for a buttock augmentation - in the appropriate patient. It's all about proportion. It may not be enough volume for larger women seeking very large buttocks. However it may be too much for a more slender woman seeking more conservative results. Your surgeon should be able to guide you based upon how much fat you have available for grafting and how large you wish to be. Best of Luck   Dr Harrell

Jon F. Harrell, DO

Amount of fat for butt augmentation

+1

I am not sure exactly what you are asking, but I am guessing you are asking if 500cc is a big augmentation. 500 cc of fat placed during a BBL is not that large. Many of my patients receive 750cc per side, with some getting as much as 900cc per side. It depends on how much donor fat you have and how big you want to be. Speak to your plastic surgeon.

Matthew Schulman, MD