Would 500-550ccs Be Too Large for my Frame?

I am an even 5 foot tall and ranging between 100-105lbs. I was wondering if 500-550ccs would cause me to look too top heavy? I don't want the obviously "done" look.

Hi there,

I just wanted to suggest that it might be more helpful to the doctors if you included your current cup size.

Thank you.

Sarah, RealSelf Team.

500-550cc implants on a 5 foot tall 103 pound woman with "deflated A" now. Will you look "done?"

+1

Kat, I believe you are the same questioner with photos showing your appearance with 400cc moderate plus implants. That question was "Is there a way to estimate what size I'll be after my breast augmentation? (photo)" If not, my apologies, but looking at that 103 pound 5 foot woman's result shows that she is already pushing the limits of "as big as possible" anatomically. I'll leave it up to you if you think it looks good, or "done," but I do believe that as the woman in the photograph heals, softens, and her implants settle into position she will have a good result, albeit one with pretty dramatic and full breasts.

Certainly some might call this look with 400cc implants "done." Others may not. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and is extremely subjective. What is important is whether or not YOU like the result, not whether or not your surgeon "likes it." Another 100-150cc would add another half cup size to whatever she already has, and we all know that is as subjective as different bra manufacturers' labels!

Again, certain anatomic limitations exist for all patients, and what some feel is overdone is the next person's superb result!

If you haven't had surgery yet, try on 500 and 550cc implants in a bra and stretchy top and see how they look. Bring photographic examples of nude models or after photos from websites whose results you like. That way your surgeon can see what you are thinking, and can better achieve your goals--IF your anatomy allows, and you have to trust your surgeon's expertise on that part of the equation! For more information about sizing, click on the web reference link below. Best wishes! Dr. Tholen 

Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Large implant

+1

Dear Katt926,

Pictures or breasts and chest circumference measurments will be very helpful. In any event, calculating from your hight and weight, your BMI is 20.  From my 25 years experience, this is associated with a chest circumference of  28 - 32 inches.   Assuming that you are a 32 A cup , 500 cc implants will increase your chest size to 32 DDD. Since you write that you do not want to look top heavy, that size will be excessive. A 32 full C or small D looks very natural and for that size you will need 375 cc of saline implants. Be sure to select an experienced board certified plastic surgeon.

Dr Widder

Shlomo Widder, MD
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

Large Implants on a Small Frame

+1

You bet you'd look done.  You'd also look matronly, and heavier than you actually are. Besides the aesthetic appearance, you can be fairly sure that this implant size is too large for your chest and breast tissue, and will greatly increase your risk of complications either immediately or later.

You should seek out a highly experienced surgeon that is not only certified by the ABPS and is a member of the ASAPS, but also specializes in cosmetic breast surgery.  Steer clear of anyone claiming to be certified by a 'Cosmetic Surgery Board'.

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Best Breast Implants for Me?

+1

Without direct examination and a full communication of your goals, it is not possible to give you meaningful advice.

The best advice I can give you online is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.
2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This if communication will be critical in determining which operation and/or breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as "top-heavy”, “done look”  or “natural”  etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.
3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.