500-550cc HP? Too big?

I can't decide if I'm going to want 500, 525, or 550 cc hp silicone. I'm not going for a natural look, I want them big but at the same time I don't want to look OVERLY fake. I'm 20 years old. had 2 kids both breastfed for 3 months. 5'1, 120 lb. and my current body measurements are 34, 30, 36. If I want high profile silicone (doc already approved of silicone) what size would probably be best for my size?

500-550 cc high profile implants, too big?

+3
Your question is a good one and getting you to be that large can be done but it may not look natural at all and in fact make you look out of proportion with your body.  I would encourage you not to focus on the CC's but on what looks best on your body.  I would try on sizers with your plastic surgeon and focus on what is possible and not what is wanted.  The style of implant is not as important as the size because the right size implant is far more important than the style. It is important to know that the larger the implant the heavier the implant and with that size implant you may have sagging and back problems which may require a second surgery later in life.

La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Implant size

+2
The difference between the sizes you mention are quite small increments, ten percent or less.  Depending on the brand and profile of the implants you choose,  there may only be one choice in that size range.  I prefer the moderate plus implants from Mentor.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Implants

+2

To best help you, a physical examination or picture evaluation are required in order to determine which procedures and techniques are necessary for your case. Most definitely implants as well.

Dr. Campos

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

How Big is Too Big?

+2
This is a question that is best answered by a board-certified plastic surgeon who has evaluated your physical characteristics and thoroughly discussed your goals with you. Based on your measurements, I'd guess that 500-550 cc implants will be quite big on your small frame, but you've said you want them to be big. However, you also said you don't want to be "overly fake." What exactly do you consider overly fake? That's something you need to communicate in person, with the help of photos. Bring in examples of what you think looks good and what you think looks too fake. Be sure to choose a board-certified plastic surgeon with impressive before-and-after photos. You may also want to look for someone who offers some sort of computer imaging like VECTRA so that you can "preview" what different implants will do for your figure.
There are other considerations, too, that hopefully your surgeon will discuss, for example, your lifestyle. If you are very active, you may not want extremely large breasts. And as another doctor pointed out earlier, large breasts on a small frame can end up making you look heavy, and may make it difficult to find clothing that fits. Be sure to discuss all of these things with your surgeon. Good luck!

Andrew Smith, MD, FACS
Irvine Plastic Surgeon

High profile, big volume

+2
Based on your measurements, those implants sound very large.  The high profile, combined with the generous volume will definitely make them look fake.  What you perceive as "overly" fake may be different than what your surgeon has in mind.  Try to find a surgeon with 3D breast imaging which helps a lot to get a good idea of your post-op look. 

Douglas J. Mackenzie, MD
Santa Barbara Plastic Surgeon

500-550cc implants

+2
There are alot of factors to take into consideration when choosing an implant size; height and weight are important, as are the size and shape of your current breasts. For someone your height, 500-550cc implants would be (in my opinion) MASSIVE, and would likely make you look 'matronly' or heavy. For sure you should try on sizers before you proceed with choosing a size- ask your surgeon for guidance as well.  Good Luck!

Matthew Concannon MD

Matthew Concannon, MD
Columbia Plastic Surgeon

500-550cc HP? Too big?

+2
These are large implants.  Ask to try on sizers at your Surgeon's office to get a better understanding of the volume added.  With implants sizes, you are limited by the amount of skin you have around your chest.  

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

500-550cc HP? Too big?

+1
 Given your parameters, 500-550cc implants sound enormous!  High profile implants of any size put a lot of strain on the breast tissue and rib cage. I would encourage you to back down on both the size and profile. It would be sad to end up with huge, heavy breasts which are uncomfortable and cause damage to your body.

Linda Swanson, MD

500-550cc HP? Too big?

+1
If you are looking to have a D or DD cup size you are on the right size, It would help you a lot to try on sizes ask your Board Certified Surgeon for it could make you make your decision. 

Mel T. Ortega, MD

You have to choose implants that actually fit your body!

+1
Hopefully you have had some good information.  You need to make your expectations clear.  Consult the Smart Beauty Guide for quality information and Surgeons.

Robert Whitfield, MD, FACS