500-550cc High-moderate Profile is This Too Big? This is my First Breast Augmentation but I Want a Permanent Size? (photo)

I'm 5'2 165 I plan on getting a brazilian butt lift but most of my weight is in my legs because they are very defined and muscular although I do have some fat in my abdominal as well. I am a 36b and I want to go to a D cup, I want this to be a final size because I dont want to wish i went bigger even though this is my first breast augmentation. I want a high to full profile saline under the muscle.

Implant Selection Process

+1

In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.
Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Implant Size Selection

+1

There are several variables in determining implant size.  When recommending implant size for my patients, I consider the followings: 1) patients' anatomy (height, weight, chest width, chest height, amount of breast tissue) and 2) patients' desired look/goal.  Without knowing your chest measurement and breast tissue amount, I cannot give you any recommendation.  You should visit with board-certified plastic surgeon who will examine you.  Try implant sizers to get a rough estimate of the size you may want.  As you know, bra/cup size will vary depending on the brand.  Good luck with you.

Dr. Sugene Kim

Sugene Kim, MD

My First Breast Augmentation but I Want a Permanent Size?

+1

Yes you could have an implant in the 500 cc range but very hard to be sure if you will be a D cup. As for 3-D imaging the effect is some is great in others very confusing. It is ONLY an additional tool there is NO guarantee you will appear as the 3-D image offered. So be very careful you understand this issue. 

The Challenge of Implant Selection

+1

Picking the right breast implant to meet a patients goals and expectations can be challenging.  If you have a wide chest then a larger sized implant may be appropriate.  Vetra 3D imaging has been very useful when it comes to selecting a breast implant that matches your anatomy and breast dimensions.   

Breast Augmentation and Permanent Size

+1

First and foremost, sizing is not an exact science. We do everything we can do to set expectations for our patients. A cup size is made up by a company and each companies sizes may vary, just like with other clothing. I think it's important that you go to a surgeon who let's you try on implant sizers. This is the closest thing to the real deal. Additionally, I offer my patients VECTRA 3D imaging. Vectra isn't for every breast type but it has definitely made a huge difference for a lot of my patients.

Jeffrey Hartog, MD

500-550cc High-moderate Profile is This Too Big? This is my First Breast Augmentation but I Want a Permanent Size?

+1

In general, 200 cc will increase the breasts 1 cup size in an average woman.  So 400 cc would be 2 cup sizes.  550 cc would be closer to 3.  However, these are rough estimates and trying on sizers in the office will give you a better feel for the volumes.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of breast augmentations and Brazilian buttlifts each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Best Breast Implant Size/ Profile for Me?

+1

The best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining  breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural”  or “D cup” or "permanent size" etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

I hope this (and the attached link) help.