500 or 400 Cc Silicone Moderate Plus Breast Implants...

I need some expert advice. I'm interested in breast augmentation. But am not sure on the size. I had a consultation with a ps a month ago and he suggested a 500 cc hp saline implant under the muscle. What I want is an implant that will give me cleavage, a C cup, natural look, 400 silicone moderate or moderate plus (depending on what you may suggest appropiately fit for my proportions)placed over my muscle via inframammy I'm 5'3", 160 pounds (athletic built), I workout at least 4-5 x's a wk.

Proper Implant Selection

+1

Thank you for sharing your photos.  In addition to your size issues, I also notice some asymmetry and constricting of your lower pole, which could also be improved.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.

Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.

The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.

I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.

Dr. Gill

Breast sizing

+1

The more breast surgery I do the more I realize that there is no correlation between the size of implant and resulting cup size.  This may have to do with several factors including: the amount of breast volume the patient starts with, the shape of the patient's chest wall (concave or convex), the type and model of breast implant selected (saline/silicone  and low/moderate/high profile), bra  manufacturer variance  in cup sizes, the  degree  of filling of the cup  with breast tissue,  and the subjective differences in patients perceptions of cup size. 

If revisionary surgery is decided upon, it will be very important to communicate your size goals with your surgeon.  In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “C cup” or "fake looking" means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.
I use  intraoperative sizers and place the patient in the upright position to evaluate breast size. Use of these sizers also allow me to select the press implant profile (low, moderate, moderate plus, high-profile) that would most likely achieve the patient's goals. The patient's goal pictures are hanging on the wall, and allow for direct comparison.
I have found that this system is very helpful in improving the chances of achieving the patient's goals as consistently as possible.
By the way, the most common regret after this operation, is “I wish I was bigger”.
 The more breast surgery I do the more I realize that there is no correlation between the size of implant and resulting cup size.  This may have to do with several factors including: the amount of breast volume the patient starts with, the shape of the patient's chest wall (concave or convex), the type and model of breast implant selected (saiine/silicone  and low/moderate/high profile), bra  manufacturer variance  in cup sizes, the  degree  of filling of the cup  with breast tissue,  and the subjective differences in patients perceptions of cup size. 

Achieving goals with breast implant augmentation surgery

+1

You have numerous issues and anatomic factors that make your goals difficult ot achieve. Your breasts are asymmetric with uneven folds and volume discrepancy. Furthermore your breasts are fairly wide set making cleavage a challenging goal.  

Implant choices

+1

Without an exam and doing some measurements it is very difficult to "eyeball" and implant volume and shape for you.

BEST Breast Implant for me

+1

Regarding: "I need some expert advice. I'm interested in breast augmentation. But am not sure on the size. I had a consultation with a ps a month ago and he suggested a 500 cc hp saline implant under the muscle. What I want is an implant that will give me cleavage, a C cup, natural look, 400 silicone moderate or moderate plus (depending on what you may suggest appropiately fit for my proportions)placed over my muscle via inframammy I'm 5'3", 160 pounds (athletic built), I workout at least 4-5 x's a wk."

Dear come2momma,

You may want "an implant that will give me cleavage, a C cup, natural look, 400 silicone moderate or moderate plus (depending on what you may suggest appropriately fit for my proportions)placed over my muscle via inframammy " BUT as Mick Jagger said "'You Can't Always Get What You Want'"

Respectfully, you have a significant difference in the size, shape and position of your breasts which would require using different sized implants and several breast lifting methods. The volume of implants used would depend on the amount of CURRENT breast tissue you have to cover these implants. If the implants are wider than the available cover, the ripples manifested by ALL breast implants (worse in Saline than in silicone gel) would be both palpable and visible.

Put another way, if CLEAVAGE is defined as the valley between the two breasts. Then the width of the implants and their ability to share the chest wall would determine cleavage. However, attempting to put large implants in either a petite woman and or one with insufficient soft tissue coverage would result in a large portion of the breast jutting to the side and doing battle with the forward moving arms as well as exposure of the implant ripples for the world to see and you to feel. Hence, the consideration to go under the muscle in the hope of providing more soft tissue coverage.

These are just a few considerations. You really should see more than one surgeon and learn of all your options. Another option we dis not discuss is the use of fat transfer breast augmentation which is very exciting and natural.

Good Luck.

Dr. Peter Aldea

How to Pick Implant Size for Your Breast

+1
In my experience, the best method of assuring a natural result, is to measure the patient's chest height and width, and based on those measurements, pick a range of implants which can comfortable fit inside the chest dimensions.  If the patient has a wide chest but a relatively short chest height, the breast fold can be lowered slightly (1/2 inch at the most), to accommodate the implant.  Once you have found the range of volumes, then try them with a bra and various clothing, in front of a mirror, and see which size you prefer.  Best of Luck

Michael A. Jazayeri, MD
Santa Ana Plastic Surgeon

400cc or 500cc, High or Moderate Plus Implants for a natural look C cup

+1
Here are some things to ponder.   When you went in for a consultation, were you able to try on implant sizers?  This is so helpful because you do get a fairly accurate visualization of yourself.  In my experience and considering  the size of your body based on your height and weight you will get a more natural look with 400cc implants.  Although, I use 500cc implants a great deal of the time, you are asking for a C cup.  You will be a D cup with 500cc implants, but, they may give you the look you want. For your sake, try sizers on and if possible go to someone who has a 3D camera.  Also, many doctors will not want to do a larger implant. To answer your question about which profile to use, that depends on the width of your chest.  If you are built rather narrow from the waist up, you will want High Profile.  If you are normal or have wide or you have wide shoulders, you will want Moderate Profile Plus. I personally think you do not need to consider Moderate Profile, although I used to recommend them, when Moderate Profile Plus became available I really like the extra projection they provide.   There are other considerations such as, long or short waisted, overall proportion of how your buttocks project to the rear and then look at yourself from the side and see how the size of implants proportions you.  And, as always please choose a board certified plastic surgeon who is a member of ASPS or ASPAS.

Robert B. Winslow, MD (retired)
Folsom Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation for cleavage in a C-cup

+1

The correct breast augmentation could be the 400cc or the 500cc moderate profile silicone implant, and based on your photo it appears that one breast is larger than the other and therefor the implants used may not both be the same size. You can easily achieve the C-cup you wish with good projection and cleavage, even with a submuscular augmentation. If it has come down to you picking an implant, perhaps you should pick another surgeon.

peterejohnsonmd

500 or 400 Cc Silicone Moderate Plus Breast Implants.

+1

Thanks for the one frontal view photo. I think you need additional in person evaluations from more boarded surgeons in your area. My recommendation is 450 to 500 cc M plus implants. As for placement I would need to examine you to determine sub muscle or above the muscle. My guess is above. I think?