50 Year Old, 48 Hours After Implant Removal - No Lift - No Implants? (photo)

I am 48 hours post-op. Breast are itchy and wrapped in tensor. I would like to put frozen peas on as my body feels like that would help. Nurse said that I shouldn't because people fall asleep with them on - I won't do that. Also will the skin maybe improve? and the nipples be more normal later?

Breast Implant Removal

+2

Hi,

• Always double check with your PS before going against post -operative treatment instructions. Until he clears you for ice packs (frozen peas), place a wash cloth in ice cold water, wring it out, then apply to your breasts.
  • You can expect improvement in both your skin and nipple appearance over the next 3 to 6 months.
  • After breast implant removal, the final breast appearance depends on many factors including the age of patient, skin quality, remaining natural breast tissue,and size of implants removed (how much the skin was stretched).

Good luck and thanks for your question!

Knoxville Plastic Surgeon

Concerns after Breast Implant Removal?

+2

Congratulations on having undergone the breast implant removal procedure safely. At this point, I think it is safe to say that you should see improvement of the skin/nipple/areola appearance over the course of the next several months.  It will take several months and even up to one year (depending on skin elasticity) for your breast skin to contract and bounce back.

Generally speaking, best to follow your plastic surgeon's  postoperative instructions as opposed to  that provided by online consultants.

Instructions post implant removal

+2

You should follow the instructions that your surgeon gave to you. Frozen peas or cold packs with a towel between your skin and the cold substance may help, but you should ask your surgeon.

48 Hours After Implant Removal -

+2

If your sensation is normal, it is unlikely that you could do harm. The issue is that if you sensation is not normal after your surgery, you could get tissue damage from frostbite--many of us have seen this happen. 

As far as breast shape, only time will tell.