Is 50 too Old for Breast Implants?

i am 50 yrs old 4"10 110 pds ...i want to know is 50 to old for breast implants

You're NOT too old!

+1

50 is not too old for breast augmentation!  My oldest patient was a 70 year old woman and she had an excellent surgical outcome and was very happy.

Too Old for Breast Implants?

+1

50 years old is not too old for a breast augmentation provided that there are no other contraindications and you are in good physical health.

Definitely not

+1

Age is not a determining factor for most plastic surgery. However your surgeon will have to judge the quality of your skin, and if there is a degree of ptosis (hanging) of the breast, you may need some kind of lifting, which may involve some extra incisions. 

Don't be tempted to demand a scarless breast correction if you need a lifting, you will end up disappointed. The best advice is to trust your surgeons judgement based on experience.

Good luck!

Alexis Verpaele, MD
Belgium Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation in ones 50's

+1

Age is rarely a limiting factor in plastic surgery.  In fact that is much of what we do, restore a youthful appearance when our bodies or faces are changing in ways that leave something to be desired.  

Keep in mind, implants come on all sizes.  You can find a size that is appropriate for your body and give you the proportions that you are looking for.

Best of luck with your decision,

Douglas Hargrave, M.D.

Douglas Hargrave, MD
Albany Plastic Surgeon

How Old Is Too Old for Breast Implants?

+1

Hi,

I see an increasing number of women in Austin, Texas seeking breast augmentation and/or breast lifts in their 40's, 50's and 60's.  These woman want to look as great on the outside as they feel on the inside.  If you are healthy, there is no reason why you shouldn't explore your options.  Seek the advice of a board-certified plastic surgeon.  Best of luck!

Ashley Gordon, MD, FACS

Ashley Gordon, MD

Implants and an age limit?

+1

I will say that 50 is not too old to have breast implants. I do  them all the time in women of various ages for a variety of reasons.  Go for a consultation to be properly evaluated. Good luck!

Is 50 too old for breast implants?

+1

No, we see a large number of women in their 50's for breast lift, breast implants, and a combination of the two if indicated.  As long as you are medically OK for surgery, there is no reason why you could not achieve an excellent result from surgery.

Robert M. Grenley, MD

Breast Augmentation at Age of 50?

+1

No,  assuming you are in good health, the age of 50 is not a contraindication to proceeding with breast augmentation ( or any other type of breast) surgery. 

How Old Is Too Old For Breast Implants?

+1

The young age of 50 is certainly irrelevant in getting breast implants. There really is no age limit when it comes to breast enhancement, it is all about desire and being in good health to undergo elective surgery.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

50 is not too old for breast implants

+1

I find more and more patients wanting cosmetic procedures in the 40s, 50s, and even 60s. I think age is just a number and it's how you feel.  As long as you have been medically cleared by your physician, go for it!

James F. Boynton, MD