50 Days Rhino/septoplasty Post-op

Hi, would taping the nose 50 days following the surgery help raise the tip? Im not sure if my tip is downward projected or the supratip is swollen, however if i raise the tip it would look straight so im hoping i could raise it by taping. Also, if i press down on my supratip for few seconds, it goes down and i have a straight nose look but it goes back again few minutes later. Does this mean its a cartilage which wont change its shape or this is a sign of swelling that will go? Thanks

Taping will not help 50 days post surgery

+1

Dear Rac21,

At almost two months post-surgery, I do not think that taping will help elevate your nose tip.

Nonetheless, swelling could take up to 12-14 moths to subside completely and final results to resolve. So I encourage you to keep your surgeon in the loop of your progress.

Rhinoplasty revisions are of delicate nature and should not be performed sooner than 5-6 months post surgery.

So if you were to decide on having one, I highly recommend that you seek consultation with a board certified surgeon of ample experience in facial surgeries/rhinoplasty who could preserve your natural looks and offer you commendable results.

Best of luck to you and thank you for your inquiry.

Dr. Sajjadian 

Web reference: http://www.DrSajjadian.com

Supratip fullness and droopy tip after rhinoplasty.

+1

Taping will not help at this point, unless you would be willing to keep the tape on constantly (don't think this would be the case). Few things might have happenned: either you developped some supratip scarring accounting for the fullness, or your tip lost some support and drooped a little, or a combination of the above.  Another cause of so called polybeak deformity, and this is what you are describing, is an excess of cartilaginous dorsum in the supratip. However, in this case I don't think you would have been able to compress it so to get a straight profile. I suggest you speak with your surgeon about this and let him decide what the exact cause of your problem may be.  In case of supratip scarring, Kenaliog injections may help.

Taping after rhinoplasty

+1

I don't think that taping the tip upward is going to help. If you have supratip swelling, massage and maybe a little Kenalog injection might help. Check in again with your surgeon.

Web reference: http://www.cosmeticsurgerybaltimore.com/

Taping 50 Days after Rhinoplasty

+1

Taping wil not influence your result 50 days after your rhinoplasty. Pictures would be helpful, but you are describing a polly beak deformity.